Anthony Smith fought an intruder INSIDE his home

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Smith's last fight was a win via submission. I am under the belief Smith understood rather quickly the guy was not much of a physical threat once he realized the intruder didn't have a gun. Anger probably controlled the situation so Smith was probably beating the absolute shit out of the guy based on principle and more than likely could have put him in a side arm choke or rear naked choke but wanted to punish this guy for his actions.

Not saying he's wrong for that, but to me that would make sense as to why he made it strikes only without any jiu jitsu.

I really wish Ariel would've followed up by asking if Smith was in mount or side control or other during the altercation, to give context.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Smith's last fight was a win via submission. I am under the belief Smith understood rather quickly the guy was not much of a physical threat once he realized the intruder didn't have a gun. Anger probably controlled the situation so Smith was probably beating the absolute shit out of the guy based on principle and more than likely could have put him in a side arm choke or rear naked choke but wanted to punish this guy for his actions.

Not saying he's wrong for that, but to me that would make sense as to why he made it strikes only without any jiu jitsu.

I really wish Ariel would've followed up by asking if Smith was in mount or side control or other during the altercation, to give context.
I got mixed signals from the interview. cause the point where he mentions having his wife get him a knife implied he had the guy in control

but he was very humble about how there was a moment where he was scared wondering if he'd be able to last until the cops came. I wish Ariel asked if that moment was 1 minute in or 4 minutes in

Anthony is a good dude and a beast of a fighter tho. so hats off to the psycho who wandered into his home

bigger hat off to Anthony, his wife and mother in law

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016

Why didn't he ankle pick him and go for the D'arce? - Tony "I'm the bad guy standing in the dark" Ferguson

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Crazy. He said the dude was like 160 pounds too. He had to be cooked up on something.

What a badass Anthony is.
As soon as his name is released Dana is going to offer him a spot on the 249 card. He will be the replacement if one of the main event guys can't make it to the island.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
That's a terrifying story. I worry about that shit too. I always have a gun next to me while I sleep, but it's very possible I would shit my pants and forget it was there if something like that happened.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
You can do like I do. Be broke, live in a non rich area. I never have this problem.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015

Sounds like he absolutely tortured the guy, "he ran out of the last house when the owner shouted at him" (Smith didn't give him the chance to run off) "blood all over the room, all over the walls", "face covered in blood all cut up" "still trying to get rid of blood stains"...
Probably didn't want legal ramifications for being a pro mma fighter an absolutely torturing the kid, doing the ol' Masvidal excuse when he suckered Roberts; "I feared for my life..." keeps bringing up faimly safety , etc.
What a fucking legend!

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
What a terrifying situation to be in.

Sounds like the guy wasn't there to steal anything and was a little crazy due to the shouting waking them up and everything.

I'm glad he managed to control him and didn't get hurt in anyway.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
fuckin dumb wife had 5 mins to go get the gun but she just let anthony fight a guy on pcp who wasnt going to give up in their computer room instead

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015

I hope I am getting trolIed here, but I'll bite. This is a ridiculous argument. Look at the video of the guy screaming like he's possessed by a demon. Certain drugs can turn dudes into almost unstoppable beserkers and it turns out this guy was a good wrestler, not your average unathletic junkie. Someone suddenly screaming like that in your house at 4am would be absolutely terrifying.

As someone who has had the pleasure of having to fight a proper screaming meth nutcase, and surely I'm not the only one around here, it felt exactly how Smith describes it. It just doesn't feel like you're fighting a human. It's not even remotely comparable to a regular bar fight. You're way too shit scared to be thinking about 'punishment' or 'principle'. They don't get tired and it feels like you're trying to hold down a bull, even though it's just a paper thin methhead with arms the size of a Victoria's Secret model.

You can see that Smith is clearly still traumatized from it. He wouldn't be traumatized if he was just calmly beating on a guy.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I hope I am getting trolIed here, but I'll bite. This is a ridiculous argument. Look at the video of the guy screaming like he's possessed by a demon. Certain drugs can turn dudes into almost unstoppable beserkers and it turns out this guy was a good wrestler, not your average unathletic junkie. Someone suddenly screaming like that in your house at 4am would be absolutely terrifying.

As someone who has had the pleasure of having to fight a proper screaming meth nutcase, and surely I'm not the only one around here, it felt exactly how Smith describes it. It just doesn't feel like you're fighting a human. It's not even remotely comparable to a regular bar fight. You're way too shit scared to be thinking about 'punishment' or 'principle'. They don't get tired and it feels like you're trying to hold down a bull, even though it's just a paper thin methhead with arms the size of a Victoria's Secret model.

You can see that Smith is clearly still traumatized from it. He wouldn't be traumatized if he was just calmly beating on a guy.
Clearly I need to get on meth.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015

160lb guy. The next day when Smith was interviewed by Helwani, did you see any bruises, scratches, or swelling of any kind on Anthony?

No.

Did Anthony mention multiple times throughout the interview how the walls were covered in blood, blood on carpet, blood they still were trying to remove the following day? Yes

Is Anthony in a state where if you kill an intruder you don't get in trouble? No.

I'm sure you struggled with a methhead, but are you going to equate your fighting skills to that of a top 3 205lb professional fighter who is in the middle of a training camp? I hope not, but I think you are. We're talking 50-60lb weight difference of untrained vs professionally trained at the highest levels. No marks on Anthony, but lots of blood.

I think I'm the one being t-r-olled now.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Clearly I need to get on meth.
My feeling is that it's a goldilocks situation. You need to do meth training to fully evolve and then be goosed up on just the right amount for the big fight. My dude looked like he had been in training for years.

Also, if being on meth made you the greatest fighter ever, there wouldn't be a single champion in the UFC that wasn't from a shitty rural Australian town. We are the undisputed kings of meth.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
160lb guy. The next day when Smith was interviewed by Helwani, did you see any bruises, scratches, or swelling of any kind on Anthony?

No.

Did Anthony mention multiple times throughout the interview how the walls were covered in blood, blood on carpet, blood they still were trying to remove the following day? Yes

Is Anthony in a state where if you kill an intruder you don't get in trouble? No.

I'm sure you struggled with a methhead, but are you going to equate your fighting skills to that of a top 3 205lb professional fighter who is in the middle of a training camp? I hope not, but I think you are. We're talking 50-60lb weight difference of untrained vs professionally trained at the highest levels. No marks on Anthony, but lots of blood.

I think I'm the one being t-r-olled now.
I would have had 50 pounds on the dude I was fighting and he was a proper junkie, not the type who looked like he was a former decent high school wrestler.

Anyway, my anecdote doesn't matter, it's pretty well establised that it can be very difficult for law enforcement to take down meth schizos.

Suspects On Meth Are Hard To Take Down With Tasers, So Many End Up Dead In Colorado