General Anybody else tired of seeing tip jars?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
They are fucking all over.

The donut shops & dry cleaners.

Fuck this shit.

I didn't even like them when I had money.

Thuglife13

✝👑🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Yep seems like everytime you go pick up something there's a tip jar or they give you an option to tip on a screen for simply handing you the order lol...

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
They are fucking all over.

The donut shops & dry cleaners.

Fuck this shit.

I didn't even like them when I had money.
We need to get rid of tip culture in the u.s it should be like europe where folks dont tip. Waba grill wanted a tip from me that place doesn't even have waiters it is almost a fast food place.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Yep seems like everytime you go pick up something there's a tip jar or they give you an option to tip on a screen for simply handing you the order lol...

My biggest pet peeve is when they turn that screen over and ask for a tip and my signature on a god damn debit card I use a debit card so I dont have to sign in 2023.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I would not give a fudge if the got rid of tipping and tabs at bars just have everyone pay for what ever they order when they order it. It would cut down on folks over drinking and save every one money from putting shit on the tab.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i dont see tip jars anymore because fentynal is real popular around here but they do try to get ya with the debit pad. i always tip 0% . fuck you . every single place you go to wants a donation to their charity and the staff wants a tip . they are trying to nickel and dime us to death . i will tip for service no problem but i will not tip at a store or gas station ,retail till or tim hortons

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Tipping culture has jumped the shark in North America. So glad I don't have to deal with that shit anymore

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
If you are running your ass off as a server and doing a good job, I'm going to tip you very well.

If you are just ringing me up at the cash register, you can fuck right off with your tip jar.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
If you are running your ass off as a server and doing a good job, I'm going to tip you very well.

If you are just ringing me up at the cash register, you can fuck right off with your tip jar.
True
I remember when all this started. Fair enough during bad times but no longer applies unless you’re running your ass off
But, how about we ask the restaurant owners and retail owners to pay more
Only fair
I don’t get tipped for solving people’s problems at work

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
True
I remember when all this started. Fair enough during bad times but no longer applies unless you’re running your ass off
But, how about we ask the restaurant owners and retail owners to pay more
Only fair
I don’t get tipped for solving people’s problems at work
Yeah. I'm not sure how restraunts and bars were able to swindle that one. They pay under min wage and rely on their patrons to make the workers whole. I guess it rewards hard working waiters, but every other profession has to police that shit on their own.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
i was a waiter
some of the girls used to add the tip to the bill
i thought that was thievery, so i never did it
It's allowed if it's itemized. Pretty common for big tables. They tack on an automatic 20%.

But to do it randomly and not let the customer know is 100% thievery.

RussfromNH

Live Free or Die
Dec 12, 2018
WTF every fucking store asking for donations during check out as well.... EVERY ONE In the past week I alone have financed the cure for cancer

Go see POS Biden if you want a donation from now on. I'm now concerned more with heating my own home, keeping food on our table let alone putting gas in the truck

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
WTF every fucking store asking for donations during check out as well.... EVERY ONE In the past week I alone have financed the cure for cancer

Go see POS Biden if you want a donation from now on. I'm now concerned more with heating my own home, keeping food on our table let alone putting gas in the truck
Would you like to round up for my gas bill?

Thuglife13

✝👑🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
The machine prompted me for a tip at Subway.
LoL @ being asked to tip at Subway. "Just Canadia things" I'd say. What you end up having the "Sandwich Artist" make you fam? Haven't been there in a while but usually get the meatball marinara with provolone and lettuce...

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
LoL @ being asked to tip at Subway. "Just Canadia things" I'd say. What you end up having the "Sandwich Artist" make you fam? Haven't been there in a while but usually get the meatball marinara with provolone and lettuce...
I generally go: Meatball, double cheese, light lettuce, green peppers, red onion, black olives, mayo, salt and pepper.
Sometimes: Tuna, same toppings

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

this . fuck the at till pressure sell guilt donation .they know old ladies and timid people are going to say yes no matter what . i never donate at the til because walmart or safeway or whoever is going to take all the donations and donate it in their own name and get a huge tax write-off out of it. fuck that . walmart has more money than 90% of the countries in the world . they dont need my money . if they want to donate money take it from their profits . dont take it from the broke ass motherfuckers who shop there. trust me if i had extra cash to give away i wouldnt be grocery shopping in a walmart

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
this . fuck the at till pressure sell guilt donation .they know old ladies and timid people are going to say yes no matter what . i never donate at the til because walmart or safeway or whoever is going to take all the donations and donate it in their own name and get a huge tax write-off out of it. fuck that . walmart has more money than 90% of the countries in the world . they dont need my money . if they want to donate money take it from their profits . dont take it from the broke ass motherfuckers who shop there. trust me if i had extra cash to give away i wouldnt be grocery shopping in a walmart

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I am a guy who tips for food.

Not a fan of the preset tip figuring on the touch screens...some have the minimum set at 20%

I tip for service rendered, and the range is 0% to 100% tip...preset tips make me hit custom tip and choose what I feel fits the transaction.

If you have a nice round ass I will tip heavier though, and maybe a bulgy chest.