General Anyone ever had lazer eye surgery?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Drake

Cunning Linguist
Jul 9, 2017
I'm legally blind. The idea has always scared the shit out of me. As does any types of things involving eyes, lol.

But it would be nice to not need anything to help me see... Anyone have it done before? What was it like? Are you awake for it? Worth it?

Lukewarm Carl

TMMAC Addict
Aug 7, 2015
When you say legally blind do you really mean that or is it an exaggeration?

Have you had a consult?

I haven't done it yet but it's on my "to do" list.

Lasik is pretty straightforward.

Typically doesn't take too long. Then go home and sleep for a few hours. You're probably good to go by the next morning.

Everyone I know that's had it done has been really happy with the results.

I'm a good contact wearer and never take them out because I have so few issues so it's not so much a big deal for me.

If you have issues then I'd recommend it.

Drake

Cunning Linguist
Jul 9, 2017

Have you had a consult?

Typically doesn't take too long. Then go home and sleep for a few hours. You're probably good to go by the next morning.

I'm a good contact wearer and never take them out because I have so few issues so it's not so much a big deal for me.

Thanks for the info. I don't have issues. Just think it would be nice to not have glasses/contacts anymore.

Wait, if your legally blind, how are you reading this?
I have glasses & contacts but without them I can only see clearly like, three inches away from my face, haha.

Drake

Cunning Linguist
Jul 9, 2017

Have you had a consult?

Do you know if you're awake for it? That's what I don't like, lol.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Thanks for the info. I don't have issues. Just think it would be nice to not have glasses/contacts anymore.

I have glasses & contacts but without them I can only see clearly like, three inches away from my face, haha.
I’m the same but I don’t want anything touching my eyes other than contacts

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
You're awake, it doesn't hurt but it's unnerving to have to sit perfectly still while they cut open your eye and glue it back together. I went from -27-20 in one eye and -25-20 in the other to to 20-20 in both in 10 minutes of surgery an eye. The most disturbing part of the procedure was that the operating team had an iPod dock with Richard Marx on it and they were all singing along while fucking with my eye.

They do your eyes a week apart in case something goes wrong and that week was fucked. Your glasses and cantacts won't match up perfect with your new found vision and depth perception is messy.

Night vision will not be as good afterwards. You'll get star bursts off lights that for me have worsened with age. Given the choice I would still do it again though.

There's tons of pros and cons but do the research and make the choice yourself.

Drake

Cunning Linguist
Jul 9, 2017
I’m the same but I don’t want anything touching my eyes other than contacts
Yup, lol.

You're awake, it doesn't hurt but it's unnerving to have to sit perfectly still while they cut open your eye and glue it back together. I went from -27-20 in one eye and -25-20 in the other to to 20-20 in both in 10 minutes of surgery an eye. The most disturbing part of the procedure was that the operating team had an iPod dock with Richard Marx on it and they were all singing along while fucking with my eye.

They do your eyes a week apart in case something goes wrong and that week was fucked. Your glasses and cantacts won't match up perfect with your new found vision and depth perception is messy.

Night vision will not be as good afterwards. You'll get star bursts off lights that for me have worsened with age. Given the choice I would still do it again though.

There's tons of pros and cons but do the research and make the choice yourself.
Fuck outta here :D

Lukewarm Carl

TMMAC Addict
Aug 7, 2015
Exactly what Onetrickpony @Onetrickpony said.

You're awake and get to see them messing with your eye but you don't really feel anything other than pressure. The actual procedure is quick. For perspective on the time part, a Dr I know from a surgery center that I work at had 32 cataract surgeries scheduled yesterday. 20 minute blocks a piece.

A girl that works for me is getting it done tomorrow afternoon on both eyes and will be back to work Friday morning.

Just request no Richard Marx in your room unless you're into that sort of thing.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Do you really want to see how ugly and fat those broads you bring home from the bar are bro?

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Exactly what Onetrickpony @Onetrickpony said.

You're awake and get to see them messing with your eye but you don't really feel anything other than pressure. The actual procedure is quick. For perspective on the time part, a Dr I know from a surgery center that I work at had 32 cataract surgeries scheduled yesterday. 20 minute blocks a piece.

A girl that works for me is getting it done tomorrow afternoon on both eyes and will be back to work Friday morning.

Just request no Richard Marx in your room unless you're into that sort of thing.
Would you feel more comfortable if the guy coming at your eye with a knife was listening to Pantera?

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Yup, lol.

Fuck outta here :D
It's all true. Had it done 15 years ago. The surgery was free because I was starting to get cataracts.

No that I'm thinking about it I had two different surgeries. The one I talked about here was lens replacement. They can also touch up your vision later with lasers. I've had over 11 eye surgeries so I got a little mixed up.

Drake

Cunning Linguist
Jul 9, 2017
There's really knives involved?????? Fuck that...

I legit thought they just beamed your eyes until they were fixed...hahaha