Anyone interested in a superhero GP?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'll draw up brackets and allow each player to post the power set and argument for their fighter. Poll threads will be created an people will discuss and vote for the winner
Oustanding, let me know if you need any help

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I wonder if we can add a poll to the thread after the arguments have been made to try to limit the fuckery and preconceived notions.

Treadstone06

I got 2 words for ya...
Apr 20, 2015
That forum is even more hideous on a phone browser. I couldn't make head nor tail of that thread. Just looked like a list of superheroes and pop up ads.

Can you give me cliff notes?
Lol, sure. It was basically a superhero/villian fantasy draft. Each team had 10 members and the idea was to pit team against team and you would have to post how your teams would defeat whatever team you were up against. An example that commonly came up in the discussion was time travel, how would someone on your team combat say Cable. Personalities were also going to be accounted for...ie how do I keep someone like Darkseid or Thanos from turning on their own team. It had serious potential due to the teamwork that could've been done. The possibilties were nearly endless. You needed to account for what the other team would do and how to counter their potential. I wish it would've gotten finished.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Lol, sure. It was basically a superhero/villian fantasy draft. Each team had 10 members and the idea was to pit team against team and you would have to post how your teams would defeat whatever team you were up against. An example that commonly came up in the discussion was time travel, how would someone on your team combat say Cable. Personalities were also going to be accounted for...ie how do I keep someone like Darkseid or Thanos from turning on their own team. It had serious potential due to the teamwork that could've been done. The possibilties were nearly endless. You needed to account for what the other team would do and how to counter their potential. I wish it would've gotten finished.
I'd be in as long as it doesn't break down like all their other drafts did. The candy bar draft was beyond embarrassing.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Hmm. Because of the smaller member group here, we'd each have to pick a whole team. I'll think about it for a future comp if this one works :)

Last edited:

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Ok here are the brackets:

Quarter final 1:
Apocalypse - ECC170 @ECC170 vs Hulk - Simpleman @Simpleman

Quarter final 2:
Vision - ThatOneDude @ThatOneDude vs Gladiator - Darqnezz @Darqnezz

Quarter final 3:
Spawn - La Paix @BirdWatcher vs Wolverine - BeardOfKnowledge @JohnyHendricksBeard

Quarter finals 4:
winner of alternate match 1 vs winner of alternate match 2
Alternate match1:

ForgetMeNot - Zeph @Zeph vs Captain Britain RedDragonUK @RedDragonUK

Alternate match 2:
Aquaman - Hired Gun @Hired Gun vs Black Bolt - sparkuri @sparkuri

I will put up new threads for each match. Each player can post the power set and argument as to why they would win, then we will vote on it.

Last edited:

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Aquamans got this. All your superheroes belong to me

I am soooooo going to get killed lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Ok here are the brackets:

Quarter final 1:
Apocalypse - ECC170 @ECC170 vs Hulk - Simpleman @Simpleman

Quarter final 2:
Vision - ThatOneDude @ThatOneDude vs Gladiator - Darqnezz @Darqnezz

Quarter final 3:
Spawn - La Paix @BirdWatcher vs Wolverine - BeardOfKnowledge @JohnyHendricksBeard

Quarter finals 4:
Aquaman - Hired Gun @Hired Gun vs winner of alternate match

Alternate match:

ForgetMeNot - Zeph @Zeph vs Captain Britain RedDragonUK @RedDragonUK

I will put up new threads for each match. Each player can post the power set and argument as to why they would win, then we will vote on it.

No Black Bolt for sparkuri?

:-(

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
this looks interesting. i made the mistake of voting for one before i read this, so i will have to go back and read more later. when is this supposed to be done? Leigh @Leigh

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
this looks interesting. i made the mistake of voting for one before i read this, so i will have to go back and read more later. when is this supposed to be done? Leigh @Leigh
I'll give the alternate matches a couple of days, then create the 4th quarter final. I'm planning on having the first round done in about a week.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Alternate matches are done. I'll put up the next Quarter Final shortly

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Quarter Finals are all done. OP is updated. Semi Final threads to be released shortly