Are you still a fan of TUF?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Curious what's everyone's thoughts on TUF. Has it runs it's course? Jumped the shark? Is there any benefit to it, that you can see from the outside looking in? The UFC has still been able to pull some great talent from the shows, with the last 3 years producing Gastelum, Pena, and Esparza. But would those fighters have been noticed and brought into the roster, without the show?

Just seems there are so many seasons now, and the fan interest is gone. Thoughts?

RickStorm

Posting Machine
Jan 30, 2015
I dont know if I've ever really been a "fan" of the show, but I watch it every season. It comes on at 7:00pm so it's not like I'm missing anything, plus I like watching the fights. As stated above I dont pay attention to the house drama

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Never was. I respect what TUF has meant to the UFC and MMA as a whole, but I never really watched the show. The only full seasons I watched were the women's ones.

All the doucheyness, all the "come at me bro"s, "let me bang bro"s, the drunken tough guy talk, the punching and kicking doors and walls... all that shit just gives me douche chills.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
I think I saw a couple episodes of the first season. Don't care for the reality show experience.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I won't lie I watch every season...I enjoy it...I just laugh at the dumb shut and U hope to see a decent scrap..Ive had 3 good friends on the show so that adds a bonus to watch i guess...its not my favorite show but i doubt mind it...I take it for what it is..Id much rather watch "Nathan for you".

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Honestly, I completely forget it's existence until a headline fight has me looking at the undercard, and "TUF final" is showcased.

I watched the first season, and bits and pieces of others(like Penn vs. pulver ping-pong), and watched at least half of the old school one, with Mikey Burnett, Jeremy Jackson, Pete Spratt etc.
Even though it was weird watching grown men participate in a "real world" type setting.

I thought it ran it's course a long time ago.
I can't stomach these scripted reality shows tbh.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I watch it if a season can hold my interest. But then again, I watch Dancing With the Stars ant The Great British Bake Off, so I'll watch pretty much anything.

Having said that, I am still watching this season. I'll give them all a try and usually abort at some point. I have probably finished about 6 seasons. Ortiz/Shamrock being my first and Pettis/Melendez being my last.

hit4me4

Given out tokes like it ain't no thing
Oct 24, 2015
When it first came on I loved it. MMA was difficult to find outside of Blockbuster/Hollywood Video and pockets of the internet. A lot of the fighters were guys who participated were guys who had built a rep in independents, paid their dues OR they were really quality fighters. Yeah, there were a few garbage guys through the early years, but a lot of the fights were good. I bought the DVDs after every season.
Somewhere along the way it went from a MMA show that was somewhat reality, to a reality show that was somewhat MMA. Let me bang bro! Junie Browning, the stupid 'pranks' etc. it became a male version of Bad Girls Club!
I hardly watch anymore. I certainly don't watch any of the in-house footage and a lot of the time I fast forward through the fights (where the hell are they finding these turds?). If my dvr messed up and didn't record in 2005 I would have been devastated. If it doesn't record in 2015 I may not even notice.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
I watch some seasons.
I stopped after a while when they were clearly putting emphasis on getting big characters on the show and showing their shenanigans rather than the best fighters.
This season's been prettty good though.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I've been watching the most recent season, but I try skip all the horrible 'big brother' drama from the house, makes me cringe to much.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Nope. Last one I watched was the HW one but I just can't handle the drama fest.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
TUF sucks. It's been a good thing for Zuffa, but the responses in this thread validate me. Nobody really likes it, yet we're all diehard MMA fans. Ironically there's tons of training and fight footage on this show, which would make you think hardcores would like it. It's just a really lame show to me, because of the douchebags. I'd rather watch a douchebag fight without knowing he's actually a douchebag.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
i watch... lately i've been checking the live fight night thread here...makes it more entertaining.

don't skip to much house drama..you might miss gems like this..

the contract they're fighting for is the SUCK...seems so little for the time commitment. hope they get to renegotiate asap.

thought i'd see more from some of the people who made it to the end, some just disappeared like danzing & weirdo luke cummo.

matt brown has been one of my favs from TUF.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
seasons 1, 2, and pierre vs coscheck is a given. he smiled, and listened to coscheck running his mouth, fueling his preparation for the fight. no need to talk shit, when you know you're going to win.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
No Ronda's season ruined it for good for me.

Both her cringe moments where editing had nothing to do with it and the overzealous editing to try and make it worse when they seemed to realize that that angle was something they wanted.

The last thing I enjoyed in TUF was seeing "Coach Chael" come out and inspire Kelvin to rise up.

After that it was autopilot till the Ronda content made it impossible to watch for me. The formula, not to mention Dana's speeches make it something I can't watch anymore.

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
I like it and watch every season. Just people annoy me that think there cool saying "people still watch tuf?"