As a fan of Conor this is exactly what I worry about.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Now, Conor has lost by sub, to Duffy most recently, so he may have adjusted more than Thatch has to the experience differences, but guys who can grind at a top level will find the strategy to beat someone with any degree of striking tunnel vision like Thatch had and Cruz really described well and if he has ANY holes, this cash train is gonna stop for repairs for a while.

I hope not, I hope it's a great fight either way and not relative.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
ChaosOverkill;n20787 said:
Now, Conor has lost by sub, to Duffy so he may have adjusted more than Thatch has to the experience differences, but guys who can grind at a top level will find the strategy to beat someone with any degree of striking tunnel vision like Thatch had and Cruz really described well and if he has ANY holes, this cash train is gonna stop for repairs for a while.

I hope not, I hope it's a great fight either way and not relative.
I think with Conor, the biggest threat he faces is being taken down and controlled with wrestling. Training with Kavanagh, I'd bet his sub defense is greatly improved and superior to what Thatch showed.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
seekntruth;n20806 said:
I think with Conor, the biggest threat he faces is being taken down and controlled with wrestling. Training with Kavanagh, I'd bet his sub defense is greatly improved and superior to what Thatch showed.

Well I sort of mean either way, controlled or subbed, I rasied the Duffy Sub in stating exactly what you said, that he would fill the hole with a coach in training plus the experience of being in that situation where Thatch just has never been close to.

So yes I agree it's likely being neutralized like a Frankie vs Cub and battered for 5 rounds because he has just not been in a top 10 level 5 round level changing war.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Yeah, it is a very real possibility. Makes it exciting though right?

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Like mentioned above Conor was lucky ( unlucky ? ) to have that happen to him earlier in his career and recognise it as a hole needing to be filled.

There is no way he hasn't been working on his ground game and you can see glimpses of it in his last fight and against Holloway .

Untill we see him against someone that can level change and transition like Henderson did last night against Thatch his defensive grappling at a higher level will be a question mark.