Askren vs Paul Live Discussion-April 17th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I didn’t realize there were going to be so many musical performances during the event.
“....you’ll get a barrage of big-name music performances first from Justin Bieber, Diplo, The Black Keys, Doja Cat, Major Lazer and Mt. Westmore, a new West Coast rap supergroup featuring Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, E-40, and Too $hort.”

How about we trim that down to The Black Keys, Ice Cube, and Snoop to save ourselves about 2hrs?
U seen black keys since they added a backing band?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I didn’t realize there were going to be so many musical performances during the event.
“....you’ll get a barrage of big-name music performances first from Justin Bieber, Diplo, The Black Keys, Doja Cat, Major Lazer and Mt. Westmore, a new West Coast rap supergroup featuring Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, E-40, and Too $hort.”

How about we trim that down to The Black Keys, Ice Cube, and Snoop to save ourselves about 2hrs?
Don't ever disrespect E40 like this again.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015

god damn the must have spent like 5 million dollars at least.dude fighting mir got paid too little.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I bet on Paul

I would like to see Askren win but he is just such a career non striker, and this event is all about the youtube dude
Could be a pathetic work for all we know

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
They start up the PPV by showing a guy holding a cardboard sign, the bar has been set.

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
This is legit horrible, some of the worst production skills I think ever seen in the history of TV, it's like a bunch of hipsters wanted to create a fight promotion. Snoop Dogg is the least cringe of the 3 hosts, but still sucks and seems forced in there, worse part is I think he is doing actual commentary.

Who the fuck in the name of god let this happend? And why? Oh god why? Why is there a a urge to see The Black Keys, Snoop Dogg and Steve Urkel doing a comedy skit on how great the promotion will be and the has been Diplo, who is Petey and will we ever find out? And where does Frank Mir and Ben Askren fit into all of this, the first couple of fights looked like they took someone who was piss drunk out of a public bathroom and put them in a ring, I've seen pigeons with more boxing technique.

It has reached the point of being so bad that it crossed a certain line, it's so bad that it's funny and if that's what they are going after, hell they hit a homerun... but even with all that, it's still better than WMMA, so I'm watching

Last edited:

DarthBader

Strikeforce lives baby!
Feb 6, 2021
Also where is the producer? Is he off smoking crack somewhere? Fully legitimate question, this reminds me more of Woodstock than an actual fighting event, who in their high self righteus mind came up with this much crap at the same time, I knew it would be bad, but this is historically bad, preposterously bad, beyond saveable.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
This is so bad that it will probably be hugely popular.

And who the fuck is Reykon? Another rapper I've never heard of.