Axl Rose joining AC/DC??? Temporary or long term?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Has to be a troll. Axl has a very distinct voice and anything he sings sounds like Guns-n-Roses. Dude could sing "Ave Maria" in church and you'd be looking around for Slash's top hat. I doubt AC/DC - who has their own distinct sound for other reasons - would choose a singer who is so readily identifiable from a different band.

But his voice could actually work for the earlier AC/DC songs with Bon Scott. I still think it's a troll, but it could be interesting. It's no secret that early AC/DC was a huge influence for Guns-n-Roses.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6WwLPgwHF4

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
over the last year or two ACDC has went from rock god's to laughing stock.

Angus is a supreme piece of shit.
I haven't been paying attention. I lost interest when their new album came out and I heard the song "Thunderstruck" 15 times a day on the radio.

Last edited:

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
One octave too high - no criticism, just a different sound.

Would be like listening to "the chipmunks do thunderstruck"

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Brian was warned by Doctors he would go deaf if he didn't retire
Doctors warn musicians of that shit all the time. Brian said it wasn't as bad as everyone was making out.

I don't know. I haven't listened to AC/DC in 15 years. For all I know his voice is shot and his hearing is affecting his singing ability - pitch and what not. If that's the case, I don't blame Angus. Although Axl isn't sounding all that great these days either. They might be getting Axl so they don't have to cancel the rest of the tour and give everyone their money back. If they just hire some schlub that nobody knows about they might face a lawsuit if they don't reimburse ticket sales. Axl could actually garner additional interest. Follow the money.

Apr 3, 2015
What'd Angus do?
he's a cunt. his brother (who started ACDC in the first place) quits the band due to major health problems and angus replaces him to continue on, the drummer quits for the the same and he replaces him, now Brian, the voice of the band for the last 36 years, gets the boot because he likes to raced cars and it fucked up his ears bad. so instead of going gracefully into the night, Angus, being that its "his band" keeps on like a trooper. I get that Angus is 10 years younger than all of them, and I understand that all you (angus) know is ACDC, but for fuck sake man, have some respect.

and this is on top of the other shit he has done over the decades.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
he's a cunt. his brother (who started ACDC in the first place) quits the band due to major health problems and angus replaces him to continue on, the drummer quits for the the same and he replaces him, now Brian, the voice of the band for the last 36 years, gets the boot because he likes to raced cars and it fucked up his ears bad. so instead of going gracefully into the night, Angus, being that its "his band" keeps on like a trooper. I get that Angus is 10 years younger than all of them, and I understand that all you (angus) know is ACDC, but for fuck sake man, have some respect.

and this is on top of the other shit he has done over the decades.
To be fair, their drummer doesn't have health issues. He has legal issues.

I agree they should hang em up. I'd go see the with Axl just for the train wreck.