General Band of Brothers and The Pacific, the pinacle of war movies...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

segfault

Aug 13, 2024
Some reason I could never get into the pacific. Love BofB, have a book from Dick Winters personal library in a shadowbox hanging in my restaurant.
BoB stuck with the same company throughout the war, giving a chance to bond with the guys. The Pacific jumped around too much. Then again, given the attrition rates in the Pacific theater, maybe they just couldn't focus on one company and had to expand it to the division. But yeah, The Pacific is definitely the weaker of the two.

Jam_Handy

Aug 13, 2024
Like I said...not the biggest fan of Steven Spielburg, but I think he nailed it here (somehow)...

The best series ofwar movies imo...

CasketCaseZombie

Aug 13, 2024
BoB stuck with the same company throughout the war, giving a chance to bond with the guys. The Pacific jumped around too much. Then again, given the attrition rates in the Pacific theater, maybe they just couldn't focus on one company and had to expand it to the division. But yeah, The Pacific is definitely the weaker of the two.
Pretty much what I was going to say. BOB was one unit, the Pacific skips between different units on different island campaigns. Makes it harder to invest in the characters.

Phuckles

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.
Oct 24, 2015
Saving Private Ryan #1
Band of Brothers a close #2
The Pacific was like Band of Brothers little brother that was born with an unfortunate congenital defect in which they were perfectly normal other than the fact that their hands and legs didn't fully develop in utero. So, they were sound of mind, and had a big heart, but they simply never had a chance at a normal life.

Phuckles

Oct 24, 2015
The Pacific is to Band of Brothers what Pearl Harbor was to Saving Private Ryan.

It sucked.

Poiupoiu

Long and Thick Member
Oct 26, 2015
What is your favorite BoB scene ?

mine. when winters ran up on that group by himself. of course the run was great too.

Phuckles

Oct 24, 2015
What is your favorite BoB scene ?

mine. when winters ran up on that group by himself. of course the run was great too.
That was sweet. The true story behind it is cool too.

The scene where Winters tells his boys to lie about going back over the river for another raid hits hard. Real life Dick Winters sounds like an amazing leader.