Bellator 157: Dynamite 2 Discussion - June 24, 2016

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

deeJ

Jul 20, 2015
What happened exactly, i missed it. They already made another fight announcement for meathead?

Lukewarm Carl

TMMAC Addict
Aug 7, 2015
What happened exactly, i missed it. They already made another fight announcement for meathead?
Yep. Brought in Oli Thompson to announce that Mitrione will be fighting him in London in 3 weeks. Right after Meathead said that he didn't even remember getting dropped or anything that happened after it.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah lol. He didn't even get to thank his sponsors of family. Just I don't remember anything and then they bring in his next opponent.

deeJ

Jul 20, 2015
Oh gawd. Great for fans i guess. Seems pretty terrible for Matt tho... Thx for replies fellas

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Yep. Brought in Oli Thompson to announce that Mitrione will be fighting him in London in 3 weeks. Right after Meathead said that he didn't even remember getting dropped or anything that happened after it.
I'm sure the announcement was planned way before the event. The expected Matt to talk through his opponent and have that in cage face off with his other opponent. They weren't going to immediately call off his next fight because he got dropped.

All that said tho, he should get thoroughly screened before they actually let him fight. We don't want another medical scare or tragedy.

Lukewarm Carl

TMMAC Addict
Aug 7, 2015
I'm sure the announcement was planned way before the event. The expected Matt to talk through his opponent and have that in cage face off with his other opponent. They weren't going to immediately call off his next fight because he got dropped.

All that said tho, he should get thoroughly screened before they actually let him fight. We don't want another medical scare or tragedy.
While I agree that it was all planned, etc etc... It wouldn't have been hard to say "Maybe we should hold off on this until we see how fucked up Matt is and if he's good we'll have them face off between fights and let Jimmy interview them and announce it during some otherwise dead air"

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
While I agree that it was all planned, etc etc... It wouldn't have been hard to say "Maybe we should hold off on this until we see how fucked up Matt is and if he's good we'll have them face off between fights and let Jimmy interview them and announce it during some otherwise dead air"
Completely agree with you. Just trying to see things from their eyes.

They only had like a 3 minute span to make the call. We will see what comes of this.

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016
I don't get women's fighting. How can you kiss your opponent after the fight?

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Good scrap. Think that was a legit knock down and not a slip.

deeJ

Jul 20, 2015
Great fight! parritore wins imo. Her top seemed so flimsy, its like she was hoping for a nip slip. I can't really blame her i was too...