Bellator Adds Stitch Duran To Cutman Team

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

It shocked many when the and legendary cutman Jacob “Stitch” Duran parted ways. But that decision provided Duran with the chance to find a new home.

He did that on Thursday, signing on to be part of the Bellator MMA cutman team.

The promotion confirmed the news in a press release.

Duran’s first event with Bellator will come next month at Bellator 153 from the Mohegan Sun Arena in Connecticut. The card features Benson Henderson’s debut against welterweight champion Andrey Koreshkov.

Bellator Adds Stitch Duran To Cutman Team

CutmanMatt

MMA Hematologist
Jan 31, 2016
This is good to hear, although I am surprised he hadn't already been used by them.

CutmanMatt @CutmanMatt have you ever worked with Stitch? Are you excited about this addition?
I have worked with him before, yes. Any time a good cutman comes on board I'm happy. He'll find that Bellator is a much more respectful environment towards the Cutmen than what he experienced before at UFC.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Very glad for stitch. The man spoke the truth and got punished. Kinda like Ariel.

In the UFC, you act "right" or you get buried.

Bellator is doing solid things on all fronts.

MMABROdotcom

Oct 2, 2015
Made my day. Outstanding addition to Bellator Nation..... Here is the press release. -Josh

SANTA MONICA (March 31, 2016) – When watching any combat sports event, it’s odd not to see Jacob “Stitch” Duran as the professional cutman on duty. Today, Bellator MMA is pleased to secure his services as its lead cutman for the foreseeable future, after “Stitch” signed a multi-year contract with the Scott Coker-led promotion.

Starting with “Bellator 153: Koreshkov vs. Henderson” on April 22 at the Mohegan Sun Arena in CT, the most famous cutman in the world will do everything in his power to get Bellator fighters prepped for entering the cage and helping them continue on once the bell rings, giving them “one more round.”

Stitch joins a great team of cutmen including Matt Marsden, Dean Lassiter and Paul Quiredos.

“Working with my old friend, Scott Coker and Bellator is a true honor,” said Duran. “I can’t wait to get started working for a great organization that respects their employees and truly makes their fighters the top priority!”

While working for Bellator, “Stitch” will not be prevented from seeking sponsors to wear and will also continue to work boxing events, with high profile clients the likes of Andre Ward, Vitali Klitschkoand Wladimir Klitschko.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
He's a cut man. He holds a qtip on cuts and cakes it with goop to stop the bleeding for a few seconds. Did this really deserve its own thread?

MMABROdotcom

Oct 2, 2015
He's a cut man. He holds a qtip on cuts and cakes it with goop to stop the bleeding for a few seconds. Did this really deserve its own thread?
He's one of the most recognizable figures in MMA and the cutman profession in general. So much so he was cast in a Rocky movie. also, the level of outrage after his UFC dismissal was palpable. The organizational culture comparisons and employee treatment between the UFC and Bellator is also notable and has implications for free agency. Yea, def deserves a thread.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
He's one of the most recognizable figures in MMA and the cutman profession in general. So much so he was cast in a Rocky movie. also, the level of outrage after his UFC dismissal was palpable. The organizational culture comparisons and employee treatment between the UFC and Bellator is also notable and has implications for free agency. Yea, def deserves a thread.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Of course this deserves its own thread. Good luck having a fucking event with no cutmen/women. That is just an ignorant comment and before you bother replying, you are ignored :D have a nice day and may God go with you

CutmanMatt

MMA Hematologist
Jan 31, 2016
There was a mistake in that press release though, which got corrected via twitter. Stitch is not the lead cutman at Bellator, I am. Doesn't really matter that much though, we're all a team.

Also, if anyone was wondering, we didnt let anyone go in order to bring Stitch on, All the cutmen from before are still on staff - Dean Lassiter, Sid Gee, Paul Querido, Brandon Brilhart

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Of course this deserves its own thread. Good luck having a fucking event with no cutmen/women. That is just an ignorant comment and before you bother replying, you are ignored :D have a nice day and may God go with you
You can't ignore me. I'm in your dreams.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
cutmen is a highly skilled job,they also do the fighters handwraps and a lot of fighters like the way stitch wraps hands,boxers pay cutmen good money per fight based on their specific skill set. it isn't a job every person can do.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
cutmen is a highly skilled job,they also do the fighters handwraps and a lot of fighters like the way stitch wraps hands,boxers pay cutmen good money per fight based on their specific skill set. it isn't a job every person can do.
Edmund can wrap hands. I'm not impressed with hand wrapping.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015

EDIT I accidentally quoted myself trying to edit my previous post.