Best Sci-Fi novels List

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015
Maybe...I asked the guys at the comic book shop I go to about my 10 year old reading it, & they told me about the the giant balls. My next question was if it was rapey at all & they were like, "Kind of'.
The alien trafficking thing must be what it is. The giant does have giant balls and does refer to bodily functions, but I wouldn't call it rapey.

Having said that, there are some very graphic depictions of violence and somewhat graphic scene of sex in the storyline. I'm not sure it would be suitable for a 10yr old. Read it and decide, I guess?

All of the stuff I listed is geared towards adults. No punches are pulled.

Hellboy and B.P.R.D. would be just fine for a 10yr old, though.

Another one that is great is the all-time classic: Sandman!

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
pattitude @SpawnIsGay , my son's really into manga now: Fairy Tales, Naruto, & Fullmetal Alchemist. Before that, we read trades of Scott Snyder's Batman, run, which are really good superhero comics. I let him read Miller's The Dark Knight, & Hush, but stopped short of Killing Joke, cause the whole Barbara Gordon/Joker thing's kind of rapey. Before that, he was really into The Ultimate Spiderman (not my thing, but I heard it's one of the only really good Ultimate runs). We also read Waid's Daredevil Vol. 1 hardcover trade (which was great), & the Nightwing New 52 run, which was fun.

I heard the current Marvel Darth Vader run is really good, too.

Kind of figured Saga was a bit much for him. But he's got plenty to read. It's all about ME, bro. All about me.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I just started this a while back, couldn't find Altered Carbon so I grab it.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I've read one of those novels on that list. Heir to the Empire. As far as tradepaperbacks to recommend? I saw Black Science on here and I can't recommend that enough. Y: The Last Man is one of my all time favourites. Saga, Preacher, Northlanders (if you're looking for intereating viking tales). Chrononauts, The Wake. Dead Body Road was a really exciting revenge story. I guess that's a decent start.