Bill Burr ISN'T funny

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Good. @Song2 and I are starting a chit chat podcast. We will be discussing anything from kung fu movies to 17th century western european fashion.

I'm off to a little place called Belmar where all your dreams come true. Enjoy the weekend ya cunts!

Have fun

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I dig Burr but I also am a fan of the "angry at everything" style as it's something that I relate to.

Louis CK, Chris Rock, Jefferies, and Chappelle are definitely near the top of my list when I just want to relax and laugh. I also dig Tom Segura and Hannibal Buress is pretty funny as well. Lewis Black and David Cross are great when I want comedy that's a little bit more thought provoking.

I can see how Burr wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but I still think he's a funny fucker.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Id rather listen to me nan having a shit than listen to Throbert and ndnh talk about candles or whatever them weirdos talk about

M

member 3289

Both. I can't make it more than 2 minutes on either of them. They may as well be one of the assholes that has to play an instrument as their gimmick. Like that tool Bo Burnham.
I haven't seen much of Mike Epps, but his "getting head with grandma" routine had me dying the first time I watched it.

Larry the Cable Guy just makes me laugh because I'm from the South I guess. I know it's just a gimmick character but he says some shit that I can't help but laugh at.

Stillmatic

Posting Machine
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
GAME OF THRONES SUCKS DICKS.
And BTW..... I think your title meant to say that YOU don't think he's funny.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Are you dumb mother fuckers actually arguing over what's funny? If you don't find something funny, don't listen to it or watch it. It's subjective you twat's, your ranting's about what is or isn't funny isn't going to convince the next guy one way or another. Jesus Christ I hate all you people :D

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I know Wild @Wild is a Burr fan. Maybe he can explain the appeal.
I'm just a fan of his raw, common sense style of comedy. His opinions are usually on point...he just has a way of presenting them in a way that I find hilarious. His skits about gold digging whores, Steve Jobs, etc...all brilliant to me.

M

member 3289

Larry The Cable Guy is horrible. Dude talks like a wall street banker in real life, and puts that stupid accent on when it character. Makes me cringe.
I know but I can ignore the fact that it's just a gimmick. He had a routine about edible underwear that made me laugh.

Bill Burr just tries way too fucking hard.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I know but I can ignore the fact that it's just a gimmick. He had a routine about edible underwear that made me laugh.

Bill Burr just tries way too fucking hard.
See, I don't think Bill tries hard at all. I see his comedy more as some guy from Boston, just talking shit as if he were hanging on the corner with friends. That's what appeals to me. It's why I loved Pryor and Carlin so much. I'm not a huge fan of gimmicks (Dice Clay, Larry The Cable Guy, etc). I do like some of Mike Epps stuff, but some not so much. Kat Williams was great for a while too but he's went full retard.

Last edited:

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
See, I don't think Bill tries hard at all. I see his comedy more as some guy from Boston, just talking shit as if he were hanging on the concern with friends. That's what appeals to me. It's why I loved Pryor and Carlin so much. I'm not a huge fan of gimmicks (Dice Clay, Larry The Cable Guy, etc). I do like some of Mike Epps stuff, but some not so much. Kat Williams was great for a while too but he's went full retard.
I agree with all of this.

And how in the hell is Burr trying too hard but Dan Whitney isn't?

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
Both. I can't make it more than 2 minutes on either of them. They may as well be one of the assholes that has to play an instrument as their gimmick. Like that tool Bo Burnham.
A couple of Bo burnhams songs are funny but his actual stand up doesnt do much for me.