Bill Goldberg Offered GLORY Bout Against Former WWE Superstar

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Bill Goldberg Offered GLORY Bout Against Former WWE Superstar

After saying that he was “seriously considering” the idea of competing in a kickboxing match for the GLORY promotion, Bill Goldberg revealed a fellow former WWE Superstar that they offered him a fight against during an interview on Monday.

Goldberg, who made his name in the football world, playing for the Atlanta Falcons before becoming a household name in the pro wrestling ranks for the now defunct WCW organization, and later a brief run in WWE, announced on Ariel Helwani’s “The MMA Hour” on Monday that executives from GLORY offered him a fight against a well known name.

According to Goldberg, GLORY officials offered him a fight with José Alberto Rodríguez, better known to MMA fans as Dos Caras Jr., and best known internationally as Alberto Del Rio, the name he used while competing in WWE for several years.

Rodriguez fought several MMA bouts, most famously getting knocked out by Mirko “CroCop” Filipovic while fighting under a mask on the first ever PRIDE “Bushido” event back in October of 2003.....

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
i dont think this will ever happen, but I will watch if it does.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Wow you don't hear that often.
Ariel was trying to angle for him being the face of Glory, in a similar fashion to Dana White and the UFC. Honestly, he sounded very passionate about the sport and it couldn't hurt to have a high/er profile guy being a mouthpiece to grow the sport.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Ariel was trying to angle for him being the face of Glory, in a similar fashion to Dana White and the UFC. Honestly, he sounded very passionate about the sport and it couldn't hurt to have a high/er profile guy being a mouthpiece to grow the sport.
A good big ne to promote a org is great but I if Bill felt he'd tarnish the sport somehow due to not being elite then good on him for doing what the majority wouldn't IMO.