BJJ/Sub Grappling News

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Also his opponent Renato Canuto is very good too. He has loads of matches on YouTube to watch

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Also his opponent Renato Canuto is very good too. He has loads of matches on YouTube to watch
I've been in a loop watching the guys I like but like I mentioned nows a good time to branch out.

It's better watching new matches than hearing about the spreading virus.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Tainan Dalpra vs a black belt. In house tournament. Few other good guys here too. Jonatha alves and Lucas Protassio
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDQccFXTjPQ

I find myself watching more coloured belts recently. Wish the IBJJF would post some final matches that take place at purple/brown instead of posting random master 1 matches from the black belt division just because they are black belts.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
I've been in a loop watching the guys I like but like I mentioned nows a good time to branch out.

It's better watching new matches than hearing about the spreading virus.

Same. I remember I would watch Leandro Lo all the time lol. I think I’ve seen all his matches on YouTube

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
A company that normally manufactures gis and other athletic gear is now shifting a large portion of their focus to produce thousands of facemasks to help combat the coronavirus epidemic.

Origin USA, which is based in Maine, is using their resources and tools to sew thousands of face masks that they hope can support medical staff, essential workers, and the rest of the public as people across the world deal with a shortage of protective face coverings. The company developed the Defender (a.k.a. DEF or Discipline Equals Freedom) mask in just 48 hours in response to the growing threat of the coronavirus. They made the necessary changes to their production line on March 22, and they’re now producing thousands of masks every day.

BJJ Gi Manufacturer Origin USA Producing Thousands Of Facemasks To Fight COVID-19

M

member 603

I ABSOLUTELY agree. I had to unfollow Gordon Ryan, bragging that he's going to go train, and that everyone who isn't is just a pussy, and that he's got millions in the bank and will chase his goals, even if it means that his dad who lives with him dies...... That's not the shit to be putting out there right now. Gordon is a super talented guy, and he's a pro Trump guy, and spouts a lot of the rhetoric that Colby Covington does to get a rise out of people, but he needs to understand that his livelihood depends on people, coming to his classes, seminars, paying for his gear, wanting to watch him compete..... Being so cavalier, when many people are out there dying right now is not a good look. Fuck, all tournament promotors need to do is not book him, that will humble him up.

I respect Gordon's game, but the whole "everyone is a beta pussy but me" shit has to end, especially since all he does is grapple, not MMA or CJJ. He, along with his brother are young enough to enlist... Go fight for our country instead of telling people to go train, when they may get sick and don't have the "millions in the bank" that he does, to pay their bills

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I ABSOLUTELY agree. I had to unfollow Gordon Ryan, bragging that he's going to go train, and that everyone who isn't is just a pussy, and that he's got millions in the bank and will chase his goals, even if it means that his dad who lives with him dies...... That's not the shit to be putting out there right now. Gordon is a super talented guy, and he's a pro Trump guy, and spouts a lot of the rhetoric that Colby Covington does to get a rise out of people, but he needs to understand that his livelihood depends on people, coming to his classes, seminars, paying for his gear, wanting to watch him compete..... Being so cavalier, when many people are out there dying right now is not a good look. Fuck, all tournament promotors need to do is not book him, that will humble him up.

I respect Gordon's game, but the whole "everyone is a beta pussy but me" shit has to end, especially since all he does is grapple, not MMA or CJJ. He, along with his brother are young enough to enlist... Go fight for our country instead of telling people to go train, when they may get sick and don't have the "millions in the bank" that he does, to pay their bills
He's not doing himself or his fans any favours with his attitude. He makes it hard to support him. Why not promote positivity in these times.

You're absolutely right, the promoters could and should humble him.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015

Yeah same, I used to think it was all an act to play the heel, but saying stuff like you don’t care if your own dad dies, or if someone else’s family member dies just shows you have no empathy, compassion, and quite frankly you’re a piece of shit

Flograppling should stop promoting him and also stop trying to stir the pot between him and others. More bjj content and less tmz drama shit would be nice. Keenan on the other hand is kind of guy you would want to represent BJJ. Seems like a cool dude

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah same, I used to think it was all an act to play the heel, but saying stuff like you don’t care if your own dad dies, or if someone else’s family member dies just shows you have no empathy, compassion, and quite frankly you’re a piece of shit

Flograppling should stop promoting him and also stop trying to stir the pot between him and others. More bjj content and less tmz drama shit would be nice. Keenan on the other hand is kind of guy you would want to represent BJJ. Seems like a cool dude
I'm a big fan of Keenan's. He always comes across well spoken and knowledgeable, on and off the mats.
It's a dream of mine to make it to his gym in San Diego.

I forget who on here has mutual friends with him and backs up he's online presence is the same as in person.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
I'm a big fan of Keenan's. He always comes across well spoken and knowledgeable, on and off the mats.
It's a dream of mine to make it to his gym in San Diego.

I forget who on here has mutual friends with him and backs up he's online presence is the same as in person.

Me too. I have followed Keenan since my beginner days in bjj and always root for the guy regardless of who he fights. He’s one of my favourite grapplers

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
De La Riva has responded:
"For the past 40 years, I have started a great history on the mats that with a lot of team work, strength, determination, respect, character and passion for Jiu Jitsu, has gotten us united as a real family.
There are more than 80 De La Riva schools around the world and approximately 3 thousand students that are guided by me and by the other coaches. In all those years, my reputation was built grounded by ethics, respect and commitment to all my students.
As everybody knows, this path was paved with a lot of dedication and honor. I always had an ethical conduct, and has been respected by my family, friends and all my students.
It was with perplexity and consternation that I heard Claudia do Val´s (an athlete of De La Riva team for about 10 years), allegations last Saturday. Me and my family were surprised by an irresponsible and false accusation.
For a while now, her statements do not live up to the partnership spirit that we are all so proud of, and reached its peaks in the last days, revealing ingratitude to all the work, support and coaching that were given in favor of her professional evaluation.
In the past 5 years, Claudia has reached her professional peak, winning a lot of championships, conducting seminars, gaining great notoriety in Jiu Jitsu world, which reflects, for sure, the great team and professional work that was done by the De La Riva family.
It is important to say that in times of social media, as you all well know, any reckless statement can grow to epic proportions, having the power to irreversibly harm a reputation, since the mere allegation is enough to convict in the court of public opinion.”
“I have always been a reserved person and focused on my family. So, out of respect especially for my wife, who is supporting me in this situation, I have already contacted my lawyers so that legal measures can be taken to safeguard my image and reputation, clarifying this unfounded accusation once and for all.
Despite this, as a teacher and trainer, I still wish my former student, Cláudia, to find her way and be successful in her personal and professional life.
Thank you all for the support.”

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
De La Riva has responded:
"For the past 40 years, I have started a great history on the mats that with a lot of team work, strength, determination, respect, character and passion for Jiu Jitsu, has gotten us united as a real family.
There are more than 80 De La Riva schools around the world and approximately 3 thousand students that are guided by me and by the other coaches. In all those years, my reputation was built grounded by ethics, respect and commitment to all my students.
As everybody knows, this path was paved with a lot of dedication and honor. I always had an ethical conduct, and has been respected by my family, friends and all my students.
It was with perplexity and consternation that I heard Claudia do Val´s (an athlete of De La Riva team for about 10 years), allegations last Saturday. Me and my family were surprised by an irresponsible and false accusation.
For a while now, her statements do not live up to the partnership spirit that we are all so proud of, and reached its peaks in the last days, revealing ingratitude to all the work, support and coaching that were given in favor of her professional evaluation.
In the past 5 years, Claudia has reached her professional peak, winning a lot of championships, conducting seminars, gaining great notoriety in Jiu Jitsu world, which reflects, for sure, the great team and professional work that was done by the De La Riva family.
It is important to say that in times of social media, as you all well know, any reckless statement can grow to epic proportions, having the power to irreversibly harm a reputation, since the mere allegation is enough to convict in the court of public opinion.”
“I have always been a reserved person and focused on my family. So, out of respect especially for my wife, who is supporting me in this situation, I have already contacted my lawyers so that legal measures can be taken to safeguard my image and reputation, clarifying this unfounded accusation once and for all.
Despite this, as a teacher and trainer, I still wish my former student, Cláudia, to find her way and be successful in her personal and professional life.
Thank you all for the support.”

If he didn’t ‘rape’ her, he definitely abused his power and authority that instructors have over students.

j don’t see why she would randomly make this shit up and we’ve seen cases like this before unfortunately in bjj; on a side note, I met Claudio when she reffed one of my competitions in Portugal: she was friendly and seemed like a good person. Wish her all the best from this