General Blade Runner 2049

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Best FB post I've read in months:

Blade Runner 2049 is a deceptively clever title, because I felt like I was in the theatre for 32 years.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Yeah I thought it was great, everything was fantastic from the story, acting, aesthetics and score. Surpassed the original IMO. Only shitty thing is that where it didn't do so well at the box office they probably won't make another one.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Alright dorks, I haven't seen the first one since 198?
Watch it before seeing this, or no matter?

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Alright dorks, I haven't seen the first one since 198?
Watch it before seeing this, or no matter?
Watch the Director's cut first, then take a food break.
I'd advise no interruptions or distractions, and surround sound is almost mandatory.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The moment you went from "I'm watching awesome", to "I'm watching epic".

At this point you're already 2 hours in, & sat within every drawn-out scene not tired, but drenched in it's moment.

(Play on headset or Surround Sound.)

View: https://youtu.be/Id6XdY_2clQ

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
the shorts help explain some things in the film like the black out I saw them after I saw the film but the are prequels

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Here's the documentary on the sound editing.

‘Dunkirk’, ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Take Home Top Honors At MPSE Golden Reel Awards – Complete Winners List

The Motion Picture Sound Editors made some noise tonight as they presented the 65th MPSE Golden Reel Awards. Winners on the evening included Dunkirk and Blade Runner 2049 for film, while Game of Thrones and Stranger Things received top TV honors.

The Golden Reels, held at the Bonaventure Hotel in Los Angeles, recognize outstanding achievement in sound editing. Awards were presented in 23 categories encompassing feature films, long-form and short-form television, animation, documentaries, games, special venue and other media.

“All of us who work creatively in sound are storytellers,” MPSE president Tom McCarthy in his opening address. “We assist filmmakers, directors and producers in weaving soundtracks into visual presentations. We support the dialogue and emotion of stories.

He continued, “Tonight, we renew our yearly tradition of celebrating the art of sound in all areas of multi-media entertainment. We recognize the contributions of sound artists to features; television, cable and streaming programming; gaming; and multi-media—content that has reached audiences in every country, state, and community around the world.”

Blade Runner 2049 won for Sound Editing Effects and Foley, beating out Dunkirk. The category is equivalent to the Oscar for sound editing which makes Blade Runner 2049 the favorite to win on March 4.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You should check out the video Leigh @Leigh ; at one point they're fumbling around with an old beast of a synthesizer, the impression I got was it's age is from around/after/during the first movie.
Hanz Zimmer jumps on it and starts goofing around.

I stumbled upon this article as I was examining 2049's nuances again, and there's this sound in the movie that's really cool that reminded me of the first one; Chinatown scene.

In the first Blade Runner I believe it's the bar scene where Deckard is trying to track down the snake scale's owner and there's some sort of ambient synth signal.

In 2049, again this synth'ish signal is going off at the scene where the 3 hookers are sent to Officer K to extract information.
It first goes off where all the chicks are getting nailed it the screw booths @ 44:08, then again as the hookers are approaching K @44:37 after an announcement signifying a transport arrival/departure.

1:04 & 1:34 of the following clip.

The editing mixing tracks and ambient sound makes the visual congruence that much more impressive.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
TOtal disapointment.

Script was so lacking.

I totally agree with Rutger Hauer about BR 2049.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Denis Villeneuve better check his scripts a little closer next time.

Br 2049 and the Arrival were pretty bah.
He took more than he could chew

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Lol
Hauer said this.
Not me.
:)
I was talking to him, that fucking moron.

I agree with Harrison Ford.

"My wife's gonna kill me, she doesn't like me swearing, but I thought it was fucking awesome"