Carlos Condit Retires

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Shame he didn"t get the Nick Diaz fight as his farewell payday.

Far more of a storyline surrounding that rematch than a rematch of a prelim fight from the dark ages that nobody saw.

And Condit has more left in the tank than Lawler, who looked completely shot to pieces in his last two fights.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
His fights were always must see TV. Glad to see him go before he’s left piled up and quivering on the canvas. Hellava career.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
joe benavidez retired too...one could say that...it...was...a smaller...retirement...yeeeeeeeah!

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
joe benavidez retired too...one could say that...it...was...a smaller...retirement...yeeeeeeeah!
Soon to be headline...

"Megan Olivi and Joey Benavidez announce divorce due to "Irreconcilable differences"...

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Soon to be headline...

"Megan Olivi and Joey Benavidez announce divorce due to "Irreconcilable differences"...
i dont know man those two homunculus humans get along very well on the instagram they seem to have a good marriage.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Good for him. Tremendous career, and seems like the kind of guy who will make a success of pretty much whatever he turns his hand to.

??

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
This is for the best. He put on some great memorable fights, but he wasn’t ever going to get near gold again. Good for him. I’d blow him yada yada.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
This is for the best. He put on some great memorable fights, but he wasn’t ever going to get near gold again. Good for him. I’d blow him yada yada.
probably saved himself from severe CTE and some degenerative injuries in the future. those knees are probably wrecked though.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I keep a folder of my all-time favorite MMA photos. In addition to the one I posted above I have two of Condit (both from after the Lawler title fight).
The first one shows two guys who left everything they had in the cage. They didn’t have the energy to do anything but hold themselves up:
2CE93051-2345-4840-B2E3-9E98EEDC0EB4.jpeg
The second is so powerful, yet heart-wrenching. It was from the post-fight presser when Carlos was caught glancing at the belt that he was so close to getting (and many thought he deserved) yet slipped through his fingers:
FE156FC7-CD27-44F8-9EB4-CF16B626472A.jpeg

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I always thought he was an intelligent guy and will always remember him for the moment his name was brought up on the fight companion when joe was saying “Alan joban is so handsome, look at him”. Someone said something like “Carlos condit is a good looking guy”……Eddie bravo quickly says “nah, not for me, too skinny, too skinny”….they all busted out laughing at that

Devante

Dec 28, 2018

Well, fuck :(

I mean, it's probably for the best, and we'll always have all the memories, but, fuck. God damnit.

glad he got to come back and show some of the positives of who he is as a fighter before he retired...he did himself, his family, his camp and mma as a whole proud

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Shame he didn"t get the Nick Diaz fight as his farewell payday.

Far more of a storyline surrounding that rematch than a rematch of a prelim fight from the dark ages that nobody saw.

And Condit has more left in the tank than Lawler, who looked completely shot to pieces in his last two fights.
Would’ve been a good one. And definitely would’ve included spinning shit.

Maybe he will get into commentating. He’s well spoken and full of knowledge.