Cat Zingano moves training to Alliance MMA prior to UFC 200

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Cat Zingano will be switching things up prior to UFC 200.

The UFC women's bantamweight contender has decided to train for her July 9 fight against Julianna Peña at the Alliance Training Center in Chula Vista, Calif., MMA Fighting confirmed with her manager Ed Soares.

Soares said Zingano will be "trying it out for this camp" when asked if this was a full-time move for Zingano. She had most recently trained with Elevation Fight Team in Colorado.

"I think that cross-training and getting different looks is a good thing," Leister Bowling, head coach at Elevation, said. "It's always good to evolve and become the best martial artist possible."

LINK: Cat Zingano moves training to Alliance MMA prior to UFC 200

PeteyParker

Posting Machina
Feb 8, 2016
Well if your gonna fight Holm she's gonna need to be aggressive and calculated so Alliance would makes sense. Not really sure why she would want to do use that gameplan now, cause Cat's high pace aggressive style can cause problem for Pena. I guess Will be expecting more footwork from Cat now.

Severianb

Posting Machine
Aug 5, 2015
Alliance has the deepest women's team right now. They have Jessica Penne, Angela Hill, Bec Rawlings, Zingano and others.
Syndicate is very strong also, with Tate, Roxy and more.

Jackson's has been resting on their laurels a bit. They have Holm and Waterson, who are two former champs, but no upcoming standouts making a home there or even a fight camp.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Alliance has the deepest women's team right now. They have Jessica Penne, Angela Hill, Bec Rawlings, Zingano and others.
Syndicate is very strong also, with Tate, Roxy and more.

Jackson's has been resting on their laurels a bit. They have Holm and Waterson, who are two former champs, but no upcoming standouts making a home there or even a fight camp.
I think you might be writing off Jackson's a little quickly being as Holm has 1 loss in MMA, and until the 5th round submission was on her way to another victory. I also have faith that Michelle Waterson will continue to grow as a fighter. There's a difference between resting on your laurels and watering down your camp. I've said many times on this site that "Supercamp" and "Elite team" are terms thrown around far too often. There are a handful of teams in MMA that legitimately can claim those titles and in the paragraph I've quoted Jackson's is the only one.

Severianb

Posting Machine
Aug 5, 2015
I think you might be writing off Jackson's a little quickly being as Holm has 1 loss in MMA, and until the 5th round submission was on her way to another victory. I also have faith that Michelle Waterson will continue to grow as a fighter. There's a difference between resting on your laurels and watering down your camp. I've said many times on this site that "Supercamp" and "Elite team" are terms thrown around far too often. There are a handful of teams in MMA that legitimately can claim those titles and in the paragraph I've quoted Jackson's is the only one.
Holly and Michelle are awesome, but the only other female fighters I can name are Celine Haga and Jodie Esquibel. Not exactly well known fighters. Julie Kedzie was the foundation of that group and she is gone.

They have had Rose Namajunas spend a few days there, but that's it for names.

They had the best group of WMMA fighters in the world 10 years ago.... and they still have some of those same fighters.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Holly and Michelle are awesome, but the only other female fighters I can name are Celine Haga and Jodie Esquibel. Not exactly well known fighters. Julie Kedzie was the foundation of that group and she is gone.

They had the best group of WMMA fighters in the world 10 years ago.... and they still have some of those same fighters.
But they train with the men anyway, so its not that important in that regard.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

You're aware of how small a talent pool WMMA is, right?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
TJ was recently at Tristar too. Seems like Elevation may collapse soon..