Chael Sonnen signs with Bellator

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Chael vs Tito
Chael vs Fedor
Chael vs Rampage

Book it Dano

Chael can physically and brutally exact revenge for Lindland vs Rampage and Fedor.

Both fights of which were some of the biggest robberies in MMA history.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
This is the smartest signing that Bellaton has made so far. If you want to get eyes on your product using promotion then there is nobody better.

Most of us are huge Chael fans and for good reason, he is pure entertainment.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
"Meh" move in terms of legitimacy. Rory was much bigger in that respect. Solid move in terms of immediate ROI. And we all know bellator is in the business of immediate Income.

Decent match ups for him. Tito? Wandy, Rory once he moves up to mw? Sonnen could help bellator get a lot more mainstream. Solid signing in that regard.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I cannot believe the UFC granted his release. That seems like a mistake. The window for him winning the title has past, but he can put lots of asses in seats. Dana just gave Coker truckloads of money. There has to be more to the story. Either Dana knows Chael can't defeat USADA or he realizes Chael can make more money from Bellator and he's doing him a solid.

Or....... Chael is going to be a double agent sent on a mission to bring down the competition from the inside!

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
I like the idea, but I think Fedor probably gets the best of Chael at this stage in their careers. He's bigger and those hands are still fast.
Go watch Fedor vs Maldanado.

Fedor would get punished very badly.

Here I thought Fedor was going to go unpunished for the rope grab until today.

Somewhere in Russia right now Fedor is shaking in his boots

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
Chael dominates Fedor today. I would have picked him to beat Fedor anywhere from 2012 and onwards

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Go watch Fedor vs Maldanado.

Fedor would get punished very badly.

Here I thought Fedor was going to go unpunished for the rope grab until today.

Somewhere in Russia right now Fedor is shaking in his boots
I watched it. Fedor looked like he still had speed and power until he got clipped and gassed. I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished for the blatant rope grab, I just don't think Chael has the tools to get it done now. And I'm a Chael fan. I think someone like King Mo has a better chance at beating Fedor.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
I watched it. Fedor looked like he still had speed and power until he got clipped and gassed. I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished for the blatant rope grab, I just don't think Chael has the tools to get it done now. And I'm a Chael fan. I think someone like King Mo has a better chance at beating Fedor.
I dont think Chael would be dumb enough to stand and get into a slugfest with Fedor (although he did outstrike a prime Anderson Silva on the feet)

Expect a quick double from Sonnen and some hard GNP followed by a tap from Fedor.

This fight doesnt last a round.

Feb 28, 2015
I like this move.

And also, are multiple folks misspelling Bellator or did I miss some inside joke where we are now calling it Bellaton?