Clash of Champions 2017:

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
He was much more entertaining.
I shamelessly loved the Lemon or Rosebud schtick he had. Was so stupid that it worked.

His gimmick even gave Rosa something to do, and when did she ever do anything? Exactly.

Also noticed Flair only has Naomi to back her up. She needs more friends

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
Personal predictions for this event were:

Rawley def. Ryder
Corbin def. Roode & Ziggler (By pinning Ziggler, so Roode would still have his claim to a title shot)
The Usos def. New Day, Rusev Day & American Beta (Wanted Rusev Day to win so much though)
Charlotte def. Natalya (Thought Natalya would annoy the lumberjacks and have it cost her)
Bludgeon Brothers def. Breezango
AJ Styles def. Jinder Mahal (Assuming the Singh Bros. will fuck up to cost Mahal)
Owens & Zayn def. Orton & Nakamura (Shenanigans)

ShakaSway

Oct 18, 2015
My favorite moment of every year, is in the Rumble when the first entrant comes out. They say every time

“Only two men have won from this position! One of them being Shawn Michaels.”

Its such an odd thing to bring up, when you don’t want people to think of Benoit. If you know its Benoit, you’re gonna remember it. If you didn't know that, you’re gonna look up who is the other one of the two. Its so ludicrious. I love it.

ShakaSway

Oct 18, 2015
Personal predictions for this event were:

Rawley def. Ryder
Corbin def. Roode & Ziggler (By pinning Ziggler, so Roode would still have his claim to a title shot)
The Usos def. New Day, Rusev Day & American Beta (Wanted Rusev Day to win so much though)
Charlotte def. Natalya (Thought Natalya would annoy the lumberjacks and have it cost her)
Bludgeon Brothers def. Breezango
AJ Styles def. Jinder Mahal (Assuming the Singh Bros. will fuck up to cost Mahal)
Owens & Zayn def. Orton & Nakamura (Shenanigans)
Thats what I was thinking for the Triple Threat. Other than that, pretty spot on

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
I dunno how to feel about my Owens/Zayn vs Orton/Nakamura prediction now...I kinda assumed it would be the Main Event to make the ending a bit more unpredictable (End the show with tension between Bryan/Shane or else the shock of Owens/Zayn being fired). Still sticking with it though cos it seems to be the better storyline for me.

On the other hand, makes the Styles vs Mahal match a bit more intriguing now it's confirmed to Main Event

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
On another note - The whole dynamic of this storyline is weird as fuck

You got Owens and Zayn - Two of the biggest heels on the show - going against Shane McMahon, who is acting in an extremely heelish manner. You then have the biggest babyface WWE have had for about 15 years in Daniel Bryan siding with Owens/Zayn , while face duo Orton and Shinsuke Naks on the "side" of Shane....

All a bit fucked to me

ShakaSway

Oct 18, 2015

You got Owens and Zayn - Two of the biggest heels on the show - going against Shane McMahon, who is acting in an extremely heelish manner. You then have the biggest babyface WWE have had for about 15 years in Daniel Bryan siding with Owens/Zayn , while face duo Orton and Shinsuke Naks on the "side" of Shane....

All a bit fucked to me
Yeah I have had that, too. Zayn and Owens arent even being really heelish either. Even when Owens just wanted his US rematch he wasn’t being heelish besides attacking Vince thing. Who provoked it.

Then the Survivor Series match where this stemmed from, they didnt cost anything, Shane chased them with a chair up the ramp, away from his own lone team member.

Now all this. Orton and Nakamura just seem tacked on as extras in this, which is unfortunate

ShakaSway

Oct 18, 2015
And calling main event is gonna end with someone coming in to set up next month’s championship match.

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
hahaha Owens giving Shane shit for having a customised referee shirt was brilliant

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
Flash thought on how they could end this

- Owens annoys Shane extensively, Shane physically strikes him. Daniel calls the DQ, Shane overturns it. Shenanigans unfold involving Bryan either screwing over Shane directly, or causing a distraction as he leaves, leading to the Owens / Zayn win.

Or else due to Shane overturning it, Orton/Naks get the win, leading to Bryan effectively saying "If you wanna fire them, you have to fire me"

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

All a bit fucked to me
I think the premise is that Bryan is doing what's "right" where Shane is doing what any of us would do. Ultimately it's a way to give us a Daniel Bryan match at Mania.

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
I find it interesting that Saxton (a face commentator) is backing Shane and ripping on Bryan

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
I think the premise is that Bryan is doing what's "right" where Shane is doing what any of us would do. Ultimately it's a way to give us a Daniel Bryan match at Mania.
If they give us a Daniel Bryan match from this, they could literally end it with The Great Khali coming in and annihilating everyone and I would be happy

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
I got a feeling (After Bryan/Shane drew the line in the middle) that one of them is gonna get bumped and the other will do a count on the other side leading to some tension

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
Shinsuke Naks being given the "Best Pure Striker" tag that they gave Undertaker for so many years

As long as it's not Bryan vs Khali.....The last thing Bryan needs is that cunt putting him in a vice grip, he'd forget it's scripted and kill him