Condit headed to Tristar to train with Bellator MMA champion Rory MacDonald

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Rory MacDonald and Carlos Condit gave mixed martial arts (MMA) fans “Fight of the Night”when they went to war at the UFC 115 pay-per-view (PPV) event back in summer 2010. And despite losing by technical knockout in the final seconds of round three, “Red King” must have liked what he saw, because he wants to get more of it.

That's why “The Natural Born Killer” is headed up north to train with MacDonald at Tristar gym in Montreal, alongside head coach Firas Zahabi, as the Canadian prepares for his Bellator MMA title fight later this year.

Carlos Condit headed to Tristar to train with Bellator MMA champion Rory MacDonald

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Carlos needs something to get him going again. Maybe a change of scenery and working with Firas will do the trick.

M

member 1013

Interesting move. I hope it works out for him. He’s always been a fan pleaser and I’ve enjoyed the hell out of the vast majority of his fights.

M

member 3289

Interesting move. I hope it works out for him. He’s always been a fan pleaser and I’ve enjoyed the hell out of the vast majority of his fights.
Glaring holes in his game though that he has seemingly refused to fix

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Like what? I always thought his best attribute has been how well rounded he is. I can't think of any specific thing he constantly does poorly.
Flops to his back all day and forgets judges don't like that shit.
He could be winning everywhere and gives up a scramble and lays on his back for the rest of the round and loses....

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Carlos needs something to get him going again. Maybe a change of scenery and working with Firas will do the trick.
He's done. The Natural Born Killer we knew is a shell of his former self. It happens. Gym wars, octagon wars, father time, family, securing a future. Carlos' hunger and motivation for fighting has shifted from fighting to growing his coffee business. He's one of my all time favorites but when you've watched mma since mid 90's, you know this is just par for the course.

M

member 3289

Flops to his back all day and forgets judges don't like that shit.
He could be winning everywhere and gives up a scramble and lays on his back for the rest of the round and loses....
Constantly goes for kimura escapes, which only work 5% of the time

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Good. I was afraid he was going to retire. He is one of my favourite fighters and the UFC is better when he’s in it.