Conor McGregor on his return to MMA: ‘It keeps getting pushed back, then I lose interest’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
1710539235092.png

Conor McGregor appears to be a little frustrated with how his return to the UFC is going.

It’s been nearly three years since MMA fans last saw McGregor in the octagon, when he snapped his leg against Dustin Poirier at UFC 264. After a long recovery process, McGregor was teased to be returning in 2023, even coaching The Ultimate Fighter opposite Michael Chandler, setting up a rumored fight between the two in December. It never happened. Nor did the rumors of that same fight happening in January, nor will it happen at UFC 300. Most recently, McGregor claimed he will return at International Fight Week this June, but UFC CEO Dana White has consistently shut down any specifics as to a McGregor return.

All in all, it’s been a puzzling situation, where the biggest star in the sport wants to return but for some reason has yet to do so. Speaking with The Mac Life while on the red carpet for the premier of his new movie Road House, McGregor himself seems to be a little frustrated with what’s happened, saying he’s repeatedly prepared for a fight only to have it no come through, leading to a loss of interest on his part.

“I’m wrapping up this tour, I’ve got St. Patrick’s Day festivities going, and then I’m going to get back and regroup,” McGregor said. “I’m going to test myself physical-wise on the treadmill and do the round test and go about the McGregor Fast way, and get myself right back.

“I had a camp in Cannes, the south of France, I had a camp in Dubai, world champions training with me where I was hoping for a December date, then a January date, then it keeps getting pushed back, then I lose interest and stop training for a while. Not stop training, I’m always training, but stop full training and [start] drinking a little bit. So I’m going to go back, regroup, get full tested, and get ready to rock. The date’s going to come and then I’ll be ready to rock.”

Conor McGregor on his return to MMA: ‘It keeps getting pushed back, then I lose interest’ - MMA Fighting

Rambo John J

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Chandler is wasting his time with this former fighter
Conor literally looks like a body double now, not even the same guy for multiple reasons
No reason to expect him to hold true to the agreement to fight Chandler

It would be a signature memorable win/huge payday no doubt for Mike, but the odds of that fight happening are probably 20% or less at this point. Could waste 5 years waiting for Conman McRoider and still end up not fighting...hard pill to swallow but he should really move on if he wants more fights/fights

Last edited:

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Can't believe a word that guy says
His gimmick was great when he first started. I was completely bought in. Now he comes across as a bullshitter and EXTREMELY fake.
We all know you used steroids and are continuing to abuse cocaine. It is what it is.
I’m starting to feel like I should tell Chandler “what is wrong with you, Michael? This guy is full of shit and bullshitting everything without a single commitment. Do you not see that?”

Last edited:

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
His gimmick was great when he first started. I was completely bought in. Now he comes across as a bullshitter and EXTREMELY fake.
We all know you used steroids and are continuing to abuse cocaine. It is what it is.
I’m starting to feel like I should tell Chandler “what is wrong with you, Michael? This guy is full of shit and bullshitting everything without a single commitment. Do you not see that?”
I wouldn't even say it was a gimmick at first. He talked shit and backed it up. Conor the fighter was unbeatable. But after the Aldo knockout he shifted into Conor the entrepreneur and his record has suffered ever since.

2024-03-16_13-17.png

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
I wouldn't even say it was a gimmick at first. He talked shit and backed it up. Conor the fighter was unbeatable. But after the Aldo knockout he shifted into Conor the entrepreneur and his record has suffered ever since.

View attachment 95623
He was dialed in at 145. Ever since he’s moved away from his weight class hes gone 3-4. He went from a hard to touch featherweight kickboxer with great footwork, to a plodding wannabe boxer.