VID Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather - Prefight analysis by Coach Zahabi

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Tri-Star Gym's Coach Zahabi's been collecting questions and now has the answers to pre-fight analysis of first ever boxing match.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Lots of interesting points. I have to disagree with him in reference to his last point though. "Boxing" isn't bringing conor in to sell tickets because they are "dying." Most of "boxing" doesn't want this fight to happen. This is just a money grab, and will be a very good one at that.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
for those who don't got the time, cliffs of important stuff

-Conor's success will have to come in first couple rounds, trying to land the Left
-Mayweather will know this and will be highly defensive in the first rounds
-Conor can push the limits of the rule to exhaust Mayweather, clinch, dirty-boxing, knee clash, etc...
-Zahabi brings up Mayweather vs Judah fight (full-fight available on Youtube) how Judah lands the left over and over on Mayweather
-Talks about how Mayweather's later fights after Judah, he doesn't get hit much with the left, shows Mayweather made adjustments
-Conor's left hand is only dangerous in the first few rounds, cuz Conor will gas as fight goes on
-Conor has good MMA cardio, poor Boxing cardio
-Zahabi says glove size will have significance on every aspect
-Mayweather has brittle hands and if fight is unbearably boring, could mean Mayweather broke his hands

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
if you believe in Conor's left, you have to know his power will fade incredibly fast with 10oz gloves.

LurkenLikaGherkin

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
#1, if Firas analyzed the phone book, I would be interested to hear what he'd have to day.

#2, stoked as fuck to be on the same page re mo clinchin mo clinchin mo clinchin game plan. He said what I said. I love this country. And his, too. (up to around 7:00 mark, beyond, who cares.)

#3, Priceless "Mayweather is a far more complete fighter" Freudian glitch at 3:00

#4, even more priceless: "I want to FUCK CHUCK" moment at 6:50.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
-Conor has good MMA cardio, poor Boxing cardio
When I heard him say this, it didn't make any sense to me. I obviously defer to the expert Firas but I felt like if you have good MMA cardio you'd also have good boxing cardio, being that MMA has other more tiring aspects involved along with the punching. I'm guessing he's right because he's Firas Zahabi but I don't really understand how that could be the case.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
When I heard him say this, it didn't make any sense to me. I obviously defer to the expert Firas but I felt like if you have good MMA cardio you'd also have good boxing cardio, being that MMA has other more tiring aspects involved along with the punching. I'm guessing he's right because he's Firas Zahabi but I don't really understand how that could be the case.
I think he's saying Conor's body is conditioned and neural pathways (muscle memory) are set to function for the movement of MMA (grappling, kicking, punching, clinching, take down, getting up, etc...) but lack the endurance that only involves punching and footwork? lol, I'm with ya, still confused.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
I think he's saying Conor's body is conditioned and neural pathways (muscle memory) are set to function for the movement of MMA (grappling, kicking, punching, clinching, take down, getting up, etc...) but lack the endurance that only involves punching and footwork? lol, I'm with ya, still confused.
Yeah, I'm basically on the same boat. I think he was basically indicating that his muscles are built to do what he does, not what Floyd does, but what he does includes what Floyd does as well as things that are more tiring so I don't really get it.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Yeah, I'm basically on the same boat. I think he was basically indicating that his muscles are built to do what he does, not what Floyd does, but what he does includes what Floyd does as well as things that are more tiring so I don't really get it.
in boxing maybe you throw more punches (mma fighters might not have as much shoulder endurance?nor even just keeping their hands up since its fought at a closer range without breaks to drop hands?

*i have zero personal experience in either =)