Society Corona - Stock Market thinktank

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It’s pretty impressive that the Fed, Wall St, and the media have been able to prop the market up this long honestly. Earnings sucked, massive layoffs, tech is a shit show, inflation, debt, threat of war, Captain Fuckstick in office, etc. There is nothing to be optimistic about.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
It’s pretty impressive that the Fed, Wall St, and the media have been able to prop the market up this long honestly. Earnings sucked, massive layoffs, tech is a shit show, inflation, debt, threat of war, Captain Fuckstick in office, etc. There is nothing to be optimistic about.
The only thing I have to be optimistic about is eternal optimism. But I'm aware this entire thing is a house of cards.

The end of this administration can't come soon enough. What an absolute shit show.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I like that they're now speculating that keeping interest low is the right move.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
If you're a day trader for sure.
Not a day trader. Usually.
Buy when a solid stock drops 40% just because it's in the same sector as a failed company - it's typically easy money.

I have no problem selling a stock the day after I bought it. Taxes be damned. Money is money. Sometimes you have to wait a full year to earn 30%. Sometimes it only takes 24 hours.

Did it plenty during the Covid Collapse. Should have done it here.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
5 of the top 10 premarket leaders this morning are banks.

NYCB up 28%
PACW up 18%
WAL up 10.5%
USB up 6%
ZION up 5.4%

Except for 1...which is leading the laggards...
First Republic (FRC) is down 18%
A month ago, FRC was at $124. Now? $18