Society Corona - Stock Market thinktank

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I don't know bro.
It still feels tippy. I hope it's in correction mode, but I can still see it going lower. I've paused buying entirely - just holding and watching.

As for AMZN - I bought when it dipped below $100 earlier this year. If this report was bad I was going to buy more if it dipped - but as you said...solid earnings report and it's up 6.5% at the moment to $127. I hate the big corporations as much as anyone, but if I can make money off their stocks IDGAF. Haha.
My comment was more along the lines of I also think it goes lower. The Nasdaq closing green or red will be interesting. If ut closes red today, after AMZ beat earnings, next week could be a shit show.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Nasdaq opens .7% green. Will be interesting to see if it closes green. I’m correction territory.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
The Under Armour see-saw is insane.

But today is a good day. Up 9%
I'm officially in the green after averaging down over the course of an entire year during its inexplicable crash.

I'm sure the rug will get pulled out from under me tomorrow, but today I feel pretty smart.

Screenshot_20231114_121557.jpg

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Under Armour back to $8
This has been the resistance level for the better part of a year.

It needs to break through and hold.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Back to $8
It needs to close above $8

Screenshot_20231127_132147.jpg

I've been watching this bitch like a hawk.

🚀 🌙 🚀 🌙

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
UAA back to $7 94

Need to get these paper-handed bitches out of here. Taking their weak-ass profits.

I want a moonshot, bitch.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
How long can they continue to cook the inflation numbers and overall state of the economy (mortgage rates, auto rates, home sales down, consumer spending down, etc) & prop this market up Hauler @Hauler?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
How long can they continue to cook the inflation numbers and overall state of the economy (mortgage rates, auto rates, home sales down, consumer spending down, etc) & prop this market up Hauler @Hauler?
The market doesn't always follow the economy one for one. The Fed thinks they have inflation under control and are talking about a rate CUT in the Spring. I'd be surprised if they do that, but any news that signals the beginning of the end of this setback will be met with green days on the market.

There's plenty of times where I had a stock crush it in earnings but the stock slumps. Conversely, I've had stocks stink up earnings and the price goes up.

It's more about investor sentiment than it is this shit economy.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The market doesn't always follow the economy one for one. The Fed thinks they have inflation under control and are talking about a rate CUT in the Spring. I'd be surprised if they do that, but any news that signals the beginning of the end of this setback will be met with green days on the market.

There's plenty of times where I had a stock crush it in earnings but the stock slumps. Conversely, I've had stocks stink up earnings and the price goes up.

It's more about investor sentiment than it is this shit economy.
What boggles my mind is, how can investor sentiment be positive w/ everything going on?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
What boggles my mind is, how can investor sentiment be positive w/ everything going on?
FOMO

Market has been flat for well over a year. And that's with repeated Fed meddling. Now that the Fed is expected to chill, sentiment is it's time to buy.

It's very possible the worst is yet to come.
It's also very possible this country doesn't survive Biden at all.

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I had a hunch closing above $8 was key for Under Armour.

Screenshot_20231129_094424.jpg

Up another 2% in early trading.

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
These shorts are getting nervous.
8.7% isn't crazy high. But it's certainly higher than it should be.

Screenshot_20231218_133728.jpg

Been in the red on this bitch for a long time. Kept averaging down. Stuck to my guns. Trusted my gut.

Currently up 17.8%

I intend to hold until at least $20

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
These shorts are getting nervous.
8.7% isn't crazy high. But it's certainly higher than it should be.

View attachment 92566

Been in the red on this bitch for a long time. Kept averaging down. Stuck to my guns. Trusted my gut.

Currently up 17.8%

I intend to hold until at least $20
This didn't age well.
Got hammered down. Resisting the urge to buy more. Haha.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Tell me you two took profits when it ramped up to $9 because I'm afraid this market is about to turn into a total shitshow.
I will take some profit when it hits $20/share
😀