Society Corona - Stock Market thinktank

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Took about a 6% haircut yesterday in my E*Trade account.

Got about 2% of that back today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
So crypto crashed 30+% over a 72 hr period and the DOW took its largest single day haircut in history, but we’re supposed to believe everything’s okay now? Back yo normal.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
So crypto crashed 30+% over a 72 hr period and the DOW took its largest single day haircut in history, but we’re supposed to believe everything’s okay now? Back yo normal.

That's the 2nd time crypto followed the market down in a heavy downturn. It's supposed to be a bit of a hedge against the dollar/inflation so it doesn't make much sense to me.

Unless folks are liquidating crypto because they are treating it like a stock? Or just grabbing some cash because they don't want to exit their stocks at a loss?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Chances the Fed announces a rate drop prior to Sept?

I think they know they waited too long and going another month at current rates could be catastrophic.

I say .25% reduction before the week is out.

Joe will know what to do. He is our beacon of light in times of crisis.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
That's the 2nd time crypto followed the market down in a heavy downturn. It's supposed to be a bit of a hedge against the dollar/inflation so it doesn't make much sense to me.

Unless folks are liquidating crypto because they are treating it like a stock? Or just grabbing some cash because they don't want to exit their stocks at a loss?

Me either.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

I think they know they waited too long and going another month at current rates could be catastrophic.

I'll be surprised if we see a cut this week. We're dealing with pure corruption here.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I'll be surprised if we see a cut this week. We're dealing with pure corruption here.
I think they do it just to stop the bleeding. I don't even know if the markets would react favorably to it or not at this point. The jobs report SUCKED, and that report came AFTER the Fed punted a decrease to Sept.

Today's dip buying is likely temporary. The bears will outnumber the bulls and we'll likely drift back to $38 with November deciding if we head north or south from there.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think they do it just to stop the bleeding. I don't even know if the markets would react favorably to it or not at this point. The jobs report SUCKED, and that report came AFTER the Fed punted a decrease to Sept.

Today's dip buying is likely temporary. The bears will outnumber the bulls and we'll likely drift back to $38 with November deciding if we head north or south from there.
Maybe I'm just cynical but I think we could see 31k-32k by election day. Basically a 25% to 30% pullback. I dont see how they can continue to keep this propped up, especially with the volatility...tensions in Europe & Middle East, inflation, shit job report, housing bubble, etc. A shitty jobs report & tensions w/ Israel & Iran scalped the DOW 1000 pts in a day. It just feels like bloodshed is coming to me.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

its good to know our financial futures are in the hands of geniuses like joe/kamala and trudeau/freeland

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Fed confronts up to a million US jobs vanishing in revision

Ronnie Walker at Goldman Sachs says the QCEW figures are likely to overstate the moderation in employment growth because they will strip out up to half a million unauthorized immigrants that were included in the initial estimates.

“Since the QCEW is based on unemployment insurance records, it likely largely excludes unauthorized immigrants, who we believe have contributed strongly to employment growth over the last couple of years,” Walker wrote last week.

Hauler Notes:

Illegal Unauthorized Immigrants fudging up employment data used to monitor the strength of the economy.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Fed confronts up to a million US jobs vanishing in revision

Ronnie Walker at Goldman Sachs says the QCEW figures are likely to overstate the moderation in employment growth because they will strip out up to half a million unauthorized immigrants that were included in the initial estimates.

“Since the QCEW is based on unemployment insurance records, it likely largely excludes unauthorized immigrants, who we believe have contributed strongly to employment growth over the last couple of years,” Walker wrote last week.

Hauler Notes:

Illegal Unauthorized Immigrants fudging up employment data used to monitor the strength of the economy.
When it comes crashing down, we could see 5% drops on the DOW & Nasdaq in a single day, IMO.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Might be able to make a quick 10% on DJT.

Assuming he mops the floor with this retard tonight and manages to not say anything terrible, I'd think we'd see a nice jump in share price tomorrow.