Society Corona - Stock Market thinktank

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I did as well, but decided to wait on BLMN....and of course it went up 24%.

Le Chat Noir
©
I figure I’m still in at prices that I can double or triple my investment in a year or so. Still have some cash setting there to DCA down if the market tanks again.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
I figure I’m still in at prices that I can double or triple my investment in a year or so. Still have some cash setting there to DCA down if the market tanks again.
Same here. I want to skim off the winnings and put them into something stable until the next opportunity...maybe an index fund?

Le Chat Noir
©

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Signed up to put $1000 (small fry, I know, I'm not balling it) in a weed company and they need to send me forms to fill out. WTF? Internet, MFers.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Same here. I want to skim off the winnings and put them into something stable until the next opportunity...maybe an index fund?

Le Chat Noir
©
probably not a bad idea. Something like Vanguard large cap maybe?

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
Signed up to put $1000 (small fry, I know, I'm not balling it) in a weed company and they need to send me forms to fill out. WTF? Internet, MFers.
In this market you can turn 1K into 2-3K easy.
Peter Lynch, investing legend, is a big advocate in investing in what you know
Do your homework as well on their growth and balance sheet, SEC.gov | Company Search Page
but trust your instincts and experience with what you see every day.

Le Chat Noir
©

Last edited:

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Thanks.
Anyone have any recommendations of books to read about investing so I can become an adult?
Just grab a bottle of scotch and watch The Wolf of Wall Street, The Big Short and Wall Street.

You will basically be Gordon Gekko before the night is through.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Pulling back before the closing bell. Fuck you 3 day weekend.

I bet we finish close to even after being up all day.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I would like to thank Bernie for today's rally though.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
CHEF had a pretty solid day, hopefully it drops again and we can pick up more shares on the cheap.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
CHEF had a pretty solid day, hopefully it drops again and we can pick up more shares on the cheap.
You've timed it near perfect so far.

I was an impatient idiot and bought more today. Prior to that I was up 40% and this batch shot my return percentage down big time.
Still a month from now will be nice.

Le Chat Noir
©

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015

I was an impatient idiot and bought more today. Prior to that I was up 40% and this batch shot my return percentage down big time.

Le Chat Noir
©
Yea we made about 50% selling at 12.50 yesterday. Hoping to pick up some more early next week, my wife and I think that will be a nice winner down the road.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Le Chat Noir
©
I was impatient today this week too. Sold Tuesday when I shouldn’t have. Bought back in today. Still up $150 on the day but probably missed out on $500-$700 by not being in yesterday. Sucks but my holdings (and likely yours) should be at prices we will make money long term, if we’re patient enough to hold.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
*** must resist loading account with more cash ***

If the wife looks at our savings account she's gonna be like "what the fuck happened?"

"Just been busy being a man and doubling our money, babe. What's for dinner?"

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
I was impatient today this week too. Sold Tuesday when I shouldn’t have. Bought back in today. Still up $150 on the day but probably missed out on $500-$700 by not being in yesterday. Sucks but my holdings (and likely yours) should be at prices we will make money long term, if we’re patient enough to hold.

Yeah same mistakes for me. Everything I have now I'm holding until things are back to pre-covid numbers.

Today I even sold off a long held Israeli tech ETF (ITEQ) to use on some of these short term opportunities.

I'm taking these 3 days for some more research to make sure we're not missing a hidden gem.
...just occurred to me that one sector none of us have discussed is cleaning and sanitation companies and those who supply them.
looked up Clorox, it got a damn boost from all this! :laughing:

Le Chat Noir
©

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'd like to formally apologize for making this a thread of lies. I actually do not seem to have Rich Dad, Poor Dad, but instead I have Rich Dad, Poor Dad's Cash Flow Quadrant. I am truly sorry for this transgression.