General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
So we're about to start requiring negative Coronavirus test to re-enter the country.
Instead of a negative test within 72 hours of travel you can show old positive coronavirus results. So if you show that you had a positive test greater than 2 weeks before travel you can skip the rapid test.
a rapid test still currently cost about a hundred bucks right now which is stupid.

But here's where we go off the rails on stupidity. Right now there is no exception made for vaccination. So I can show you that I've been infected greater than 2 weeks ago and I don't have to pay the airline $100 to enter The United States again.
But I can't show my existing vaccination which likely has a lower reinfection rate than actually being infected.

Who is making these rules wtf .

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm not giving any advice

Some people get sent home and told they will be fine and others get various treatments

I merely speculate that D&D got what they asked for because of their wealth

If you put me on ignore then you won't have to shit up the forum with your stalking and childish insults
OK retard, what covid treatments don't make sense in your professional medical opinion?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
So we're about to start requiring negative Coronavirus test to re-enter the country.
Instead of a negative test within 72 hours of travel you can show old positive coronavirus results. So if you show that you had a positive test greater than 2 weeks before travel you can skip the rapid test.
a rapid test still currently cost about a hundred bucks right now which is stupid.

But here's where we go off the rails on stupidity. Right now there is no exception made for vaccination. So I can show you that I've been infected greater than 2 weeks ago and I don't have to pay the airline $100 to enter The United States again.
But I can't show my existing vaccination which likely has a lower reinfection rate than actually being infected.

I wonder how long your positive test results will be accepted...lets say it has been a year since a positive test...can I still do air travel if unvaccinated and don't take a rapid test?

I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Dad lives in a "senior development", everyone is over 55. His neighbor and wife (call them D&D) both have pacemakers, obese, really rich. They went on a tour of SE Asia (Korea, Cambodia, etc) in May of last year. That was after they went on a cruise in March. They've been trying to host weekly "golf socials" for all the golfing couples, tried to have a big Xmas Eve party but no one wanted to go, then they had their big New Years Eve shindig.

They both got sick, so did the neighbor across the street who went to their party. That neighbor has been laid up for a week, no energy, really struggling. D&D are doing great. D&D got Remdesvr, because 'they have pacemakers, so they're high risk'.

I'm so disgusted I can't even put it in words.

I treat Coronavirus patients. I use remesvidir. I talked to a lot of other doctors that also treat Coronavirus patients and use remesvidir. Many of these are infectious disease doctors running the protocols that unlock this limited drug from the pharmacy of the hospital.

Nowhere have I seen this drug be used because someone is high risk. It is used because somebody meets certain lab markers and clinical illness.

High risk people get sick. They get sicker so they get the bigger drugs. If they don't get sicker then they dodge the bullet and they don't get the bigger drugs.

I would guess that that statement on getting the expensive treatment is likely an abbreviation.

Being rich or not does not change my professional fee. And I don't make any more or less money based on which treatment modality I use.
That is, doctors, and especially systems as a whole, do not have a mechanism to unleash remesvidir for someone that is not at "I bought this entire wing of the hospital" rich. And even then you probably needed to buy that wing of the hospital through donations to get said attention (not just have the money in your account), which I agree is problematic in its own. But that's about the extreme before you see administration start pulling strings for favorites.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
OK jetboat owner, what covid treatments don't make sense in your professional medical opinion?
I have tried to be polite to you...you insist on acting like an A hole.

Why would I conduct an honest conversation with a stalking, insulting A hole?

Answer is...I won't

Not sure what your intent is with the constant trolling and insulting...but it is pretty lame.

Peace out homie.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I have tried to be polite to you...you insist on acting like an A hole.

Why would I conduct an honest conversation with a stalking, insulting A hole?

Answer is...I won't

Not sure what your intent is with the constant trolling and insulting...but it is pretty lame.

Peace out homie.
It's ironic you don't like people filling threads with bullshit....

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015

It's amazing. Mrs. OneDude tested negative, she had her first vaccine dose, and because I was positive she can't even go to get tested to go back to work until Jan 27th but they'd prefer the 28th. Our exposure was Jan 2-4th. In terms of going back to the lab she'd have been better off testing positive this past Tuesday.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Here in California they first banned indoor dining and they started doing the same as where you're at, setting up spaces in front and then adding tents. Then they eased a bit and started allowing some indoor dining then changed their minds and banned it again making everyone go outside again. Right before the weather got cold businesses were rolling the dice on purchasing expensive heaters for the outdoor dining. Most recently they banned outdoor dining too but restaurants are now basically saying fuck off and still serving people outside.

This is why the movement to recall our Governor Gavin "Any Twosome" Newsom is gaining steam and might get enough signatures to get put to a vote. The last time this happened is when Arnold became Governor but that was a whole different time and would ever happen now eventhough Arnold is a straight up fake Republican Cuck now...

The RINO "Republican" Mayor of San Diego is talking about running against him if the recall happens but he doesn't stand a chance. Only another Democrat could have a shot if the recall even passes...

Time to dust off Arnie.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
and those who were asymptomatic show a severe chest X-ray 70 to 80% of the time.
This confuses me. Ignoring that without before x-rays the data is essentially meaningless, how often are people with no symptoms being tested and then being brought back for x-rays later?

M

member 3289

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Came here to post this story. @Bones Nose's mom is out of control

Mask refusing armchair lawyers are ranking right up there with sovereign citizens and people talking shit until the taser comes out in my favorite cop videos.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I treat Coronavirus patients. I use remesvidir. I talked to a lot of other doctors that also treat Coronavirus patients and use remesvidir. Many of these are infectious disease doctors running the protocols that unlock this limited drug from the pharmacy of the hospital.

Nowhere have I seen this drug be used because someone is high risk. It is used because somebody meets certain lab markers and clinical illness.

High risk people get sick. They get sicker so they get the bigger drugs. If they don't get sicker then they dodge the bullet and they don't get the bigger drugs.

I would guess that that statement on getting the expensive treatment is likely an abbreviation.

Being rich or not does not change my professional fee. And I don't make any more or less money based on which treatment modality I use.
That is, doctors, and especially systems as a whole, do not have a mechanism to unleash remesvidir for someone that is not at "I bought this entire wing of the hospital" rich. And even then you probably needed to buy that wing of the hospital through donations to get said attention (not just have the money in your account), which I agree is problematic in its own. But that's about the extreme before you see administration start pulling strings for favorites.
if you're high risk, I would think that the monitoring of your condition and triggering of treatment protocols would not be the same as someone who was equally low-risk. Or is the treatment protocol such that everyone gets monitored the same and when some metric(s) cross a threshold the treatment protocol changes?

Also, I'm not saying that they bought their treatment, but regardless of what triggers the protocol I would assume that an unethical actor could be persuaded to smudge the number.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Or is the treatment protocol such that everyone gets monitored the same and when some metric(s) cross a threshold the treatment protocol changes?

This.

Though of course "we can flout things despite being high risk because fuck it the interventions will cover us" it's somewhat equally reprehensible.

ut regardless of what triggers the protocol I would assume that an unethical actor could be persuaded to smudge the number

Yeah that's what I alluded to. But it's not just being rich. Means nothing. Only time Ive seen VIP type stuff going on is a staff members family member (still wouldn't unleash the expensive drugs in most cases due to pharmacy logistics) or like I referenced, the secret is being in with the administration who has the ability to connect/circumvent all those layers in a way that breaks protocols.