General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

I just had 18 or so hours of bad side effects from Moderna vaccine number two. That sucked. Massive headache, achy joints, fever, etc. I think I’m almost completely past it now. I just have a hint of a headache and a bit lower energy.
I had 8-10 hours of bad side effects after dose 2. Felt like a moderate version if the flu. A few hours of mild flu before that.

It sucked, but it's better than catching covid.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Doing some reading on other stuff and stumbled across this. Hilariously, it's from last July.

In summary, though we support mask wearing by the general public, we continue to conclude that cloth masks and face coverings are likely to have limited impact on lowering COVID-19 transmission, because they have minimal ability to prevent the emission of small particles, offer limited personal protection with respect to small particle inhalation, and should not be recommended as a replacement for physical distancing or reducing time in enclosed spaces with many potentially infectious people. We are very concerned about messaging that suggests cloth masks or face coverings can replace physical distancing. We also worry that the public doesn't understand the limitations of cloth masks and face coverings when we observe how many people wear their mask under their nose or even under their mouth, remove their masks when talking to someone nearby, or fail to practice physical distancing when wearing a mask.