General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
And we are back to canceling elective surgeries since cases have overwhelmed our resources.
No government mandate. Just the straight reality that we won't have beds or vents soon at this rate and can't do both covid and usual operations.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Here's why I am forever calling this kind of casual innuendo out. Here's what youtube now feels is a normal gradient from him trying to just push that we need to go farther and in his experience this isn't just ARDS:

Golden Ages4 hours ago
Unable to uptake oxygen. Almost as if they were bathing in 60GHz radio frequencies? Strange. Almost as if NY turned on 60GHz 5g?

albertosaurus605 hours ago
Cameron you are spot on with this not being COVID19. According to PubMed via Dr Thomas Cowan, no one has purified the virus to identify it. But pls do your own research. But 5G runs at 60GHz. At this frequency it absorbs all the oxygen from the air. Hence, the altitude sickness. Whatever happened in Wuhan has NOTHING to do with what’s going on around the globe. The Chinese only locked down Wuhan, and not the rest of China. The seafood market is now open again. Is it a coincidence that all the places with the highest deaths have rolled out 5G?

droidcrasher8 hours ago (edited)
The PROBLEM seems to be ACIDIC BLOOD !!! It is a CHEMICAL IMPOSSIBILITY for ACIDIC BLOOD to CARRY OXYGEN!!! YOU HAVE TO ALKALIZE THE BODY and THE BLOOD!!! GIVE THEM BAKING SODA!!! (and any other minerals capable of carrying oxygen in the blood... Like MSM (organic sulphur), and ESPECIALLY IRON. (creates Hemoglobin - Vitamin C helps that process)

Nate Carr's Quest to Save the World3 hours ago
Thanks for speaking up and recognizing the hypothesis that that medical professionals are exacerbating the situation. This actually matches up with the data point of almost a 0% mortality risk amongst children. Please remember, it's the impoverished children of the world who are suffering. The amount of money spent to temporarily prolong the life of a wealthy elderly american, could save the lives of hundreds of impoverished children. In what psychopathic universe is the life of 1 elderly person worth the lives of hundreds of children?

JayeBird
1 hour ago (edited)
Ventilators has a warning about VAP=Ventilator Associated Pneumonia!!!! Antivirals like Ribavirin lowers your red blood cell count leading to Anemia which causes fluid in the lungs, Pneumonia!!!! They’re killing the patients for their COVID19 numbers!!!! We’ve been lied to on Massive scale!!! STOP MEDICAL MARTIAL LAW!!!!!!! BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!!! #WEDONOTCONSENT

Throwback post ?

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
my great uncle smoked a pack of Camels every day until he was 86, died falling off a ladder.
lung cancer is fake.
you're going with the fake news thing?

all i'm saying is my immune system is strong.

hope your uncle lived a fulfilling life

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
And we are back to canceling elective surgeries since cases have overwhelmed our resources.
No government mandate. Just the straight reality that we won't have beds or vents soon at this rate and can't do both covid and usual operations.
Is it ICU cases or hospitalizations?

On a related note, I wonder what potential issues the health insurance industry is going to see in the aftermath of this.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Is it ICU cases or hospitalizations?

On a related note, I wonder what potential issues the health insurance industry is going to see in the aftermath of this.

All of the above. I haven't taken a count to determine ratio but more non ICU of course.
It's also a younger crowd, two vaccinated so far, the rest unvaccinated (county is only about 33% vaccinated).
Hard to know how many it would be total because we've been on deferment since we ran out of beds.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
You explained in the past that hospitals run at something like 70-80% capacity year Round.
Assuming that’s a percent to keep things running and profitable.
Have you heard any talk looking into that situation? Seems like making sure we have more available rooms should be a top priority Nationwide.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
All of the above. I haven't taken a count to determine ratio but more non ICU of course.
It's also a younger crowd, two vaccinated so far, the rest unvaccinated (county is only about 33% vaccinated).
Hard to know how many it would be total because we've been on deferment since we ran out of beds.
Younger like 20-30' or younger like 45-50's?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You explained in the past that hospitals run at something like 70-80% capacity year Round.
Have you heard any talk looking into that situation? Seems like making sure we have more available rooms should be a top priority Nationwide.
One thing that infuriates me to no end is "Oh, 4th wave. Hospital is full. We told you this would happen." Then why in the fuck didn't you up the capacity of your hospitals? It's been a year and a half, ffs.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

My understanding is that over the last 25 years we have focused on expanding critical care capacity and reduced regular hospital beds per Capita.
At this time there is no mechanism to universally increase this (other than granting money to hospitals to encourage this increased capacity) since our system is fractured with every facility independent.
Hospital admins only have financial incentive to keep the beds that make them the most money.
Problem is, even if you did that now, you'd not have the nursing staff for those beds. They don't exist. They are all being bought up as everyone bids against each other. Travel RNs about to be parking their Benz next to me again.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
“You don’t have to wear a mask!” the man shouted as I approached the Army Store in downtown Killeen. It was a brutally hot afternoon in late July, and Bell County, where Killeen is located, was reporting around a hundred new coronavirus cases a day—a fivefold increase from the previous month. COVID-19 patients occupied 15 percent of the region’s hospital beds, among the highest rates in Texas. There were just five available ICU beds in the surrounding six counties.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Wait until you found out what my friend bought. He's a fucking computer programmer.
Honestly I won't surprise me at all. I left the IT industry for medicine and my ex-business partner has over 2 million dollars worth of cars in his garage. It's only four cars.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
“You don’t have to wear a mask!” the man shouted as I approached the Army Store in downtown Killeen. It was a brutally hot afternoon in late July, and Bell County, where Killeen is located, was reporting around a hundred new coronavirus cases a day—a fivefold increase from the previous month. COVID-19 patients occupied 15 percent of the region’s hospital beds, among the highest rates in Texas. There were just five available ICU beds in the surrounding six counties.

What’s the deal with 40% of health workers not being vaccinated?
Doubt many unvaccinated are gonna rush to get a shot by people that don’t trust it For themselves.