General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Funny in a black humour sense now that LA is on lockdown how the celebrities age 20 years looks wise without a botox salon.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/alandrummond2/status/1240008793167192066

One challenge on using a single vent with multiple tubing is that you need the same tidal volume and pressure across the system.
So I don't see a way I could double ventilate a large man in a small woman next to each other. And if I had too many patients and such a large tubing setup I think that I might poorly optimize their pulmonary treatment.

Interestingly I am seeing doctors online sharing out 3D printing models for both the valves to do multiple tubing as well as valves to do flow restriction to allow separate pressures between two patients. that still doesn't fix the tidal volume issue, which is essentially the amount of air I give each breath with the ventilator, but it does solve trying to optimize different respiratory supports with the same ventilator.

I hate that it's under these conditions but I am excited at the ingenuity here of using 3D printed parts and sharing them amongst the community. Now where's my tech company to aggregate this for easy sharing and community between doctors? This kind of inefficiency is why medicine is slow to advance in this day and age