General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Texas had real bad flu earlier, I wonder if this is what it was?
Splinty @Splinty we need answers when you aren't busy saving the world from the china flu virus.
Probably was
this is a newish strain of the flu.

as with any new strain it is gonna hit some people and lay them up...and if they have health issues or weak body they might end up passing away...is what it is...happens every single year like clockwork

Splinter is just doing his thing and being prepared for whatever goes down...that is his/their only option.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I had to come back from Israel a week early in January I got so sick, was laid up with what was diagnosed there as the flu for over a week. Worst flu of my life

I had a feeling there was something different happening as I'd had the flu jab.

I thought I'd had it but it was only confirmed when I had the complete loss of taste and smell

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I had a feeling there was something different happening as I'd had the flu jab.

I thought I'd had it but it was only confirmed when I had the complete loss of taste and smell
Study: Getting flu shot 2 years in a row may lower protection

Getting a flu shot every year? More may not be better

of course you can find articles on both sides of this debate^^^

Personally I don't fuck with the immune system at this stage of my life...I don't underestimate it's power to fight off the "bad guys"

Last edited:

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Just received word that my wife's nana may be dead at the hospital. She had a pacemaker put in this week but because of the lockdowns etc they sent her home the same day to rest away from 'rona patients. Well, it appears the pacemaker wasn't doing its job and they may have gotten her to the hospital too late. No one knows for sure though since no one is allowed in the hospital.

My father in law is not in a good way at all...

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Just received word that my wife's nana may be dead at the hospital. She had a pacemaker put in this week but because of the lockdowns etc they sent her home the same day to rest away from 'rona patients. Well, it appears the pacemaker wasn't doing its job and they may have gotten her to the hospital too late. No one knows for sure though since no one is allowed in the hospital.

Shit.

So sorry to hear this.

I hope this is a case of bad info.

Good luck to you and your family.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
No shutdown for us. Hear a plant in Texas got a case and haven't shutdown yet. So social distancing, lots of older people as the younger ones don't want any of this work. People got to eat, so we go on. Corporate gets to work from home. God forbid they get sick.
No doubt you guys are top of the list as far as essential. Equal with medical and utilities.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Shit.

So sorry to hear this.

I hope this is a case of bad info.

Good luck to you and your family.
I'm really hoping it's her father over reacting and making assumptions that she's dead. I guess this is one way this pandemic can affect you even if you're not infected by it. I can't imagine folks who need emergency care and can't receive it because the ER's are all full of COVID19 patients. Or having to drop off a loved one but not being able to stay with them during the process.

M

member 603

Fuck brotha, I'm so sorry

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm really hoping it's her father over reacting and making assumptions that she's dead. I guess this is one way this pandemic can affect you even if you're not infected by it. I can't imagine folks who need emergency care and can't receive it because the ER's are all full of COVID19 patients. Or having to drop off a loved one but not being able to stay with them during the process.
Sorry to hear this bro. This is the shit Splinty @Splinty has been preaching about for a couple of days.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Sorry to hear this bro. This is the shit Splinty @Splinty has been preaching about for a couple of days.
and it's exactly what I've been explaining to my relatives in NY about why it's important to take this seriously.

Just received word that she is alive but in emergency surgery at the moment so it's definitely not as bad (still could be bad) as it sounded a little bit ago.

M

member 603

BTW, not to stir a pot here, but if the nation is worried about the economy, but you know that they don't want to tax the rich, or corporations, or cut back government kickbacks.... The logical stuff.... They can always tax churches/religious universities.... Fuck that multi billion dollar non taxed industry.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
BTW, not to stir a pot here, but if the nation is worried about the economy, but you know that they don't want to tax the rich, or corporations, or cut back government kickbacks.... The logical stuff.... They can always tax churches/religious universities.... Fuck that multi billion dollar non taxed industry.
amazon paid zero taxes last year

and ya all those tax exempt things are BS imo

The economy problem is that 40% of business are gonna die if lockdown goes on for a couple months...and the ones that live may never return to business as usual...could be a disaster

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
I've been touting the Jesus tax my whole life...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TxjrHPHypA

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
my sister got an email from a co-worker that is in on some state-level doctor meetings.

in Iowa, they're anticipating 30k-66k requiring hospitalization, depending on how strict of a lockdown they implement.