General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
interesting...thanks for response

is that mm wave part of any plan?

I have no idea what your above post really means as we know.
MU-MIMO = massive user MIMO. there are better antennas on both ends of the link to make your connection faster.
the break in 5G is between stuff that leverages existing architecture, which could be called LTE if you want to be technical, but most of the conspiracy theory stuff centers on 'millimeter wave' - specifically with regards to COVID-19 they talk about the 60 GHz interaction with oxygen.

but the mmWave (20 GHz - 44 GHz) stuff is still pre-deployment, and the only 60 GHz connections available now are the same unlicensed 'line-of-sight' bands that have been around forever.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
can you expand on this?

do normal cell towers shoot each other line of sight messages via 60?
no, 60 GHz only goes a matter of meters

usually things like wireless docking stations, or other point-to-point sharing applications.

the cube is the docking station for her phone or computer. She doesn't have to take it out.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Splinty @Splinty

Can't find your post to quote but do you think we are going to start trying heparin drips on these patients? Lovenox?

Side note: We've seen some good improvement with proning patients. (The younger ones)

And no, we don't have the fancy beds. We do it manually.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
no, 60 GHz only goes a matter of meters

usually things like wireless docking stations, or other point-to-point sharing applications.
cool

well regardless I am getting rural anyways before they grid up the cities in my area...I don't even like new stoplights haha
my seeds, guns, and luddite ass will be in them there hills

When I get in them there hills, I will probably start sending my posts via snail mail to Song2 so he can relay them to the forum with his own spin
:eek:

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
The fuck else is there to do? I've been saying for years that I'm not proud of it. I still watch English soap operas, I'm really not high brow.
I just feel like there's been a recent uptick of "It's the aily Mail fo take it with a grain of salt but...".

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty @Splinty

Can't find your post to quote but do you think we are going to start trying heparin drips on these patients? Lovenox?

Side note: We've seen some good improvement with proning patients. (The younger ones)

And no, we don't have the fancy beds. We do it manually.
Yes.
Hematologist are already recommending response to certain markers for this. They are noting a DIC like microagopathic process. I am not sure that this explains everything to do with perfusion problems or other strange observations with abdominal pain in some patients. But in low-risk critical care patients that have an elevated d-dimer, I would consider empirically treating them with Heparin as such.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Yes.
Hematologist are already recommending response to certain markers for this. They are noting a DIC like microagopathic process. I am not sure that this explains everything to do with perfusion problems or other strange observations with abdominal pain in some patients. But in low-risk critical care patients that have an elevated d-dimer, I would consider empirically treating them with Heparin as such.
Want to come and be our ICU director for 2 weeks with no pay?

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Hm. Where/How are you placing the gel rolls along the torso? I wonder if a little Trendelenburg would help as well?
Just wedges under the hips when prone.

Prone is better. Position (due to shape of the lungs) makes the body use different areas of the lungs that may not be so effected. Some great vids out there to explain why. Here's a quick one that I liked.