General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
Alright, there's a simple plan for getting the Covidiots to wear a mask. Simply spread this:

Namaste

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I can really identify with people who don't want to wear masks and state governments who didn't push for more aggressive mitigation. They both received mixed messages and delayed or inadequate assistance from the federal government so they didn't really know what to do. Now it's hard to know who to trust. The suffering and death people may face isn't because they're idiots. It's because they were abandoned.

M

member 3289

Sheepdog @Saloth Sar looks like you'll have to cancel that trip to Sydney, m8.

Kinda crazy how your states can close their borders like that. Though we can set up checkpoints here, banning interstate travel is unconstitutional.

I'm guessing your Constitution explicitly allows it?

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Sheepdog @Saloth Sar looks like you'll have to cancel that trip to Sydney, m8.

Kinda crazy how your states can close their borders like that. Though we can set up checkpoints here, banning interstate travel is unconstitutional.

I'm guessing your Constitution explicitly allows it?
Why would anyone want to go to Sydney voluntarily? To participate in a race riot?

There are some arguing it is unconstitutional to shut the borders. But like everything written in these documents by acient rich old fairies in silly archaic language, we would have to wait several years for some modern rich old fairies to interpret that silly language in court. So right now the state governments can just wipe their asses on the constitution if they feel like it.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
So one question, would the president legally be able to override the orders of governors on shutdowns and masks? Executive orders or something? Or in a case of national emergency?

How is it in counties and cities? Do governors have more say then let's say mayors on this?

Guess it's actually two questions.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I can really identify with people who don't want to wear masks and state governments who didn't push for more aggressive mitigation. They both received mixed messages and delayed or inadequate assistance from the federal government so they didn't really know what to do. Now it's hard to know who to trust. The suffering and death people may face isn't because they're idiots. It's because they were abandoned.
There is a respiratory virus outbreak that can kill you. Why would anyone have to tell you to wear a mask?

I'm sorry. But that's like "no one told me bungee jumping could be dangerous!"

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
There is a respiratory virus outbreak that can kill you. Why would anyone have to tell you to wear a mask?
Well, you see most public health agencies told the public that wearing a mask increased the chances of getting sick and that they should not wear them.