General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
All those "War on Christmas" people finally have something to get excited about.
Down here we see a lot of bumper stickers like this......right next to a thin blue line flag. These people obviously don't understand who'd be coming and taking it.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
He had covid and is still dealing with pneumonia which isn't surprising. I was just pointing out that Cody says he has a lot of issues it was the "journalist" who decided he was a "long hauler". People are clutching to the concept in the same way people who are in the most fear of covid are also the ones questioning the efficacy of the vaccine. I've had pneumonia before, not being fully recovered after 6 weeks isn't at all surprising.
Oh you mean you just don't like the label long-hauler. It's been 12 weeks since he first tested positive for covid, but ok. Fair, Cody would probably not want to be labeled that either since he is convinced he will be getting better and getting on with his career soon. I guess we will just wait and see what happens with him.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Oh you mean you just don't like the label long-hauler. It's been 12 weeks since he first tested positive for covid, but ok. Fair, Cody would probably not want to be labeled that either since he is convinced he will be getting better and getting on with his career soon. I guess we will just wait and see what happens with him.
Correct. The label is applied very arbitrarily and always in a negative connotation.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Vaccine three reported today.
I've got to admit, I didn't think they'd be able to get this done so quickly even with the focus.
Have you heard anything about how they are going to transport and store the vaccine in order to distribute it? My understanding is that all of the available vaccines require special refrigeration which means your local pharmacy isn't going to have it. I would guess it also means clinics won't have. I assume everyone will need to go to the hospital or some other designated vaccine area in order to get one which likely means few sites to go to which likely means long lines.

Not that that will be an issue for a little while since it won't be available to the general public for a while. Anyway, enjoy your access to the first round of available vaccines!

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Correct. The label is applied very arbitrarily and always in a negative connotation.
Having symptoms 11 weeks later is pretty damn negative, imo, so why wouldn't the label be negative?

I've never took you for one who needs things sugar coated.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Have you heard anything about how they are going to transport and store the vaccine in order to distribute it? My understanding is that all of the available vaccines require special refrigeration which means your local pharmacy isn't going to have it. I would guess it also means clinics won't have. I assume everyone will need to go to the hospital or some other designated vaccine area in order to get one which likely means few sites to go to which likely means long lines.

Not that that will be an issue for a little while since it won't be available to the general public for a while. Anyway, enjoy your access to the first round of available vaccines!
Last I heard the pharmaceutical companies will handle that. I'll see if I can find the article again, or I'm imagining things.

Edit - this article touches on it a little.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Last I heard the pharmaceutical companies will handle that. I'll see if I can find the article again, or I'm imagining things.

Edit - this article touches on it a little.
It sounds like Pfizer is handling it with specialized packaging and dry ice. It also sound like the Moderna one and the new one out of Brazil can be stored in a normal freezer without any of that.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Having symptoms 11 weeks later is pretty damn negative, imo, so why wouldn't the label be negative?
Having pneumonia symptoms 11 weeks after having it, particularly when you're someone who lives in a cardio world, isn't something that is at all surprising. Vertigo and a vein tear explain the other symptoms.

I've never took you for one who needs things sugar coated.
I don't need things sugar coated, I also don't need the severity of something to be exaggerated which is par for the course with these long hauler stories.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Having pneumonia symptoms 11 weeks after having it, particularly when you're someone who lives in a cardio world, isn't something that is at all surprising. Vertigo and a vein tear explain the other symptoms.

I don't need things sugar coated, I also don't need the severity of something to be exaggerated which is par for the course with these long hauler stories.
How do we know these things are being exaggerated? And that it's par for the course?

Trying to discredit them isn't making it less true.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
How do we know these things are being exaggerated?
Long haulers are extremely uncommon and what makes someone a "long hauler" is a constantly shifting set of goal posts. There are some narratives, that although concerning are being exaggerated by the media. Remember when we shouldn't open the schools because Kawasaki syndrome symptoms were going to kill all the kids?

Trying to discredit them isn't making it less true.
If a story lacks credit it generally is also going to be untrue.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Long haulers are extremely uncommon and what makes someone a "long hauler" is a constantly shifting set of goal posts. There are some narratives, that although concerning are being exaggerated by the media. Remember when we shouldn't open the schools because Kawasaki syndrome symptoms were going to kill all the kids?

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016

I guess that depends on one's definition of long hauler and perception of where the goal posts are.
So, carry on. :)

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Hmmm, 300 asymptomatic patients in Wuhan didn't spread the virus to known contacts that were traced.

Aren't masked required over there? Maybe they helped after all.

Not knocking the study but I found it interesting that only 6 new cases were found in the weeks leading up to the study and 0 new cases were found in all of Wuhan during the study.

M

member 3289

Apparently this latest vaccine doesn't have to be stored at as low of temperatures as the Pfizer and Moderna ones.

It's also less effective, though.

M

member 3289

18,000 new cases in California today.

No wonder the governor had to enforce a curfew on his dope smoking residents...