Cowboy Cerrone nearly dies while scuba diving: "Not today motherfucker!"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
WTF. He detailed a near death diving experience he had a few years ago on the JRE podcast. Maybe time for some new hobbies Donald?

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
WTF. He detailed a near death diving experience he had a few years ago on the JRE podcast. Maybe time for some new hobbies Donald?
People like Donald only have one gear. He'll never change.

I do a lot of caving, and all I can say is that cave diving can fuck right off! I don't do cave diving, I like my oxygen! Caving is dangerous enough without the scuba part, IMO.

There is a saying: "there are no accidents in cave diving, only fatalities", and that saying exists for good reason. This hobby/sport has to have one of the highest fatality rates. There are some crazy stories out there about caving fatalities (diving or otherwise), it ain't for the squeamish.

Glad Donald is ok! He is lucky for sure.

ender852

TMMAC Addict
Jan 31, 2015
People like Donald only have one gear. He'll never change.

I do a lot of caving, and all I can say is that cave diving can fuck right off! I don't do cave diving, I like my oxygen! Caving is dangerous enough without the scuba part, IMO.

There is a saying: "there are no accidents in cave diving, only fatalities", and that saying exists for good reason. This hobby/sport has to have one of the highest fatality rates. There are some crazy stories out there about caving fatalities (diving or otherwise), it ain't for the squeamish.

Glad Donald is ok! He is lucky for sure.
Why did the term spelunking fall into disuse? Why did I bother to learn it in the 80s when everybody says "caving"?

The first time I read the word caving I thought for sure it was made up.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Why did the term spelunking fall into disuse? Why did I bother to learn it in the 80s when everybody says "caving"?

The first time I read the word caving I thought for sure it was made up.
Hah, I used the term "caving" mostly because people tell me I sound like a dipshit when I say "spelunking".

Although, I do like the terms "speleology" and "speologist"

Nov 21, 2015
what does "IM figuring this the fuck out and then coming home!!" mean
The worst nightmare a cave diver can ever have. Losing your line out of the cave
and losing your buddy. It happens so often cave divers do not live long. Its the most
wreckless and stupid area of diving.

"Figuring it out" means he lost his line and way out of the cave. Its fucking terrifying.
Imagine being lost in a maze and its pitch black. Thats scary enough. Now imagine the
same scenario and you're beneath tons of rock and underwater and oh yeah... now you're
scared and breathing heavy and burning your limited oxygen supply even faster

In my younger days I was a commercial diver and even commercial divers have longer
life spans then fucking cave divers. The best in the world were guys like Wes Skiles
yes "were"... because he fucking died too. I grew up watching him and he was the Michael Jordan
of cave divers and even he couldn't avoid the inevitable.

Oddly though Wes didn't die in a cave... He died because of a malfunctioning "Rebreather"
which is a special tank for extreme diving

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_r9F5MJuTc

Last edited:

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Still not as dangerous as its gonna be facing Platinum Mike Perry!

In all seriousness.
Im glad the Cowboy is ok.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Play stupid games, win stupid clichéd internet forum comments. I don't dislike Cowboy, but his attention-seeking is a bit lame. I'm not saying he does this shit for attention, but he uses it to continually project an image he desperately wants to maintain and we aren't just talking a pro wrestling-style marketing persona.

Dangerous exploring for the sake of it can be fun, but if you are just doing it because you're an adrenaline junkie, it seems to me that a cheaper way of getting your kicks would be to just slap on a black outfit, a blindfold and some headphones and see how long you could jog down the middle of a highway at night.