Cowboy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Why no threads about Cowboy? Am I the only one that thinks he should've gotten the nod in that fight today? He won rounds 3,4,5.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I haven't seen it yet, but according to a lot of people he was so sick that the fight almost was canceled, but he fought anyway.
Now he has 30hrs of flying ahead while sick

View: https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1010619742598594561
Yeah, he mentioned that in the cage after the fight. He said he was so sick he didn't want to get out of bed. Didn't use it as an excuse though, he said he still fought his ass off and he still loves his job. With the shit talking leading up to the fight I expected Cowboy to be upset or question the decision, but he was all smiles afterwards. The guy just loves to fight.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Yeah, he mentioned that in the cage after the fight. He said he was so sick he didn't want to get out of bed. Didn't use it as an excuse though, he said he still fought his ass off and he still loves his job. With the shit talking leading up to the fight I expected Cowboy to be upset or question the decision, but he was all smiles afterwards. The guy just loves to fight.
I hate when nitwits call him a "kiss ass" because he doesn't hate being in UFC.
So silly.
He loves to fight (as you said) & because he is a hustler he does well with sponsors etc.
He chose a lifestyle he loves & asshole feel he needs to be "raging against the machine" to be credible.

He is having fun & making money

Good for him

M

member 3289

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
People should really stop doing this after they lose. Or stop letting their management or the promotion do it.

No matter the circumstances, it's always going to look like a lame excuse.
I disagree
Its only idiot fans that go off on it.

If its true, its true & explains a less than stellar performance.
He didn't take anything away from the winner, he just explained his situation.

M

member 3289

I disagree

Agree to disagree then.

To me it always sounds like "I might have/would have won had I not been..."

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I disagree

Agreed. This is way different than what someone like Chiesa does (see Lauzon fight, Lee fight). This is way different than the Brazilian rationalizations. Maybe I'm biased because I'm a big Cowboy fan, but I feel like this was in no way an excuse for losing, more just being open about the circumstances he was fighting under.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I disagree

I agree, as a fan, a lot of the fun is in analyzing fights/ganeplans etc. I like to know if a guy was sick or went in with an injury or not. It’s interesting to know all the factors.

I’m an mma scientist. I need data! I can’t build bricks without clay.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Agreed. This is way different than what someone like Chiesa does (see Lauzon fight, Lee fight). This is way different than the Brazilian rationalizations. Maybe I'm biased because I'm a big Cowboy fan, but I feel like this was in no way an excuse for losing, more just being open about the circumstances he was fighting under.
This

I said this elsewhere
Anybody questioning a guy like Cerrone is a shitty MMA fan

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Fight was close
1,2 Edwards
3,4 cowboy
5 pretty even thought Edwards landed more but cowboy controlled the round and had a takedown.
I think the right guy won the “fight” but was another situation where a draw would have been proper IMO

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Good post. I’ve been so involved with projects at our new house that I haven’t watched much mma in over a month. I’ll have to check this fight out at some point though.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Considering the reports on his health he almost got the nod and had his moments.

Hes the ultimate hall of fame fighter. Talented. Longevity. Never say die. But so well rounded he could win a fight against anyone on any day and nobody would be surprised.

He could easily have been a 4 time multi weight champ by now if he focused better/didn't go to shit in title fights and the stars aligned

M

member 3289

he's literally done nothing for you, i don't understand
It was a figure of speech. I'm an atheist.

I'm just fucking glad I'm not from New York City, New Jersey, or anywhere else in the tri-state area.

Terrible, terrible people in general...