Dana White blasts Mike Jackson for not finishing CM Punk

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Ya know, watching the replays in Robbie Hart’s post, because I may hate myself secretly, looks like he tried a couple times. Then went with the “oh Im meaning to do this” route.
That's what I think. Saying he bet on himself is giving him too much credit. He's just exactly what Dana says he is - a complete fucking idiot.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
It wasn't exactly a thriller because they looked like just good friends in there

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
That's what I think. Saying he bet on himself is giving him too much credit. He's just exactly what Dana says he is - a complete fucking idiot.
He got triangle framed by a tired feet sides(???) on hips guard. Which shows that Punk’s head was still in the right place vs him. Then at that lovely moment he started doing the “hey loopey!” punches.

I take it all back, thats a good fight. Its an odd moment when you get the oppurtunity to watch someone with real passion, constantly trying to pull off a miracle, but their body can’t keep up, already broken down physically training with a top camp, years of injuries, and having to go through a 3+ million dollar court case the week prior. I like the Diaz’s and accept their excuses (yeah! Fuck airline water), so inclined to do that here.

Vs

A prick whose part of the worst of sports media. Not fighter bashing, media bashing.

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
he added a lot of PPV buys, even with WME's shit promoting. He shouldn't have been fighting Mickey Gall in his first fight, he should have been fighting another 35 yo WWE throw-off. You know how deep the pool of ex-WWE wrestlers is that he could have been calling out?

His first fight should have been a catch-weight with Daniel Bryan or whoever else was available.

Freakshows are fun fights. Sometimes, you give the baby a little candy.
I think they wisely stayed away from having two 'fake rasslers' debuting in the UFC. Too many casuals could be convinced it was a work, damaging MMA's credibility(yes, even more than Punk's in-cage performance did).

With Punk losing to a pair of low level MMA guys, the UFC still showed you can't just take a few months of sprawl and sidestep training ;) and become a successful MMA practitioner. As much as some hardcores hated it, the suits got this one right from a business perspective: Punk debuted, added a good bump to the PPV buys and was predictably defeated. He took a significant amount of time to try to improve his game, and we were all watching to see if it made a difference. He lost, as most of us knew he would, and now we can all walk away from this spectacle. Punk made money and did something most of us will never have the balls to try, WME made money and exposed their product to some new eyes, and most of us viewers have been entertained to some degree. I can't complain.

I should note I'm not dissing Punk or any other pro wrestler. I grew up on that stuff, and I know the talent, skill, sacrifice and dedication it takes to succeed in that world. I'm just referring to the general public's perception.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
As always, Dana is discreet and handles things in a manly, 1-to-1 fashion...

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
I should note I'm not dissing Punk or any other pro wrestler. I grew up on that stuff, and I know the talent, skill, sacrifice and dedication it takes to succeed in that world. I'm just referring to the general public's perception.
you can diss Punk if you want though.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
I would sincerely wish that we all collectively move on from this experience. Never before have I watched a fight, then have a horrible feeling of depression. Not the same depression as watching Chris Weidman get battered by Luke Rockhold, or Robbie Lawler get dropped by Woodley. No, this was a very special depression.

All the credit to Mr Brooks hanging in there, and Mr Jackson for getting to feel like Anderson Silva for a little bit, but that was a very sad fight. Was it bad? Yup, but sad fight is a neat scenario. Watching two fighters, whom it became quite clear from the first exchange, were put in a huge spotlight, only serving to highlight their disadvantages. Season that with only commentary that only Rogan can deliver “Well, he has heart, he could have quit in between rounds.” “If I was a conspiraxy theorist, I’d say someone paid Mike Jackson to keep this fight going.” That was truly unique.

Thank goodness that The Reaper and the Soldier of God revived my faith in MMA there at the end. Almost poetic, almost, were those nicknames.
It took years to get these 2 fights done, going to be awhile before fans move on from this.

It's sad though that the whole thing spawned two fighters I now really can't stand. Gall and Jackson

Nov 21, 2015
Ragin AL on the MMA Hour going the fuck off on Dana about talking shit about Mike Jackson,
when he shoulda been talking up Curtis Blaydes for knocking out Overheem

Talking shit about him moving the weighin times without talking to fighters and a host of over shit. LOL

Ragin AL To Dana: "You're mad at Mike Jackson?

You dummy you put a reporter on the PPV card. CM Punk's fight was a peanut butter & Jelly sandwhich.
You shouldn't be able to fuck that up but you did. You so mad at the reporter you put on the main card that
Curtis Blaydes knocking out Overheem got completely lost cuz ur talking about Mike Jackson"

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
It took years to get these 2 fights done, going to be awhile before fans move on from this.

It's sad though that the whole thing spawned two fighters I now really can't stand. Gall and Jackson
I love the idea in your world the signing of CM Punk caused the lab that Romero escaped from to create Mickey Gall and Mike Jackson.

They wanted to make the perfect jobbers. “Oh yes yes yes, CM Punk known for zee knees. Go to sleep, my young creation, you go for takedown immediately!” I like to imagine a slight accent. Then with Jackson it was a “You don’t understand, Mr Jackson, I am zee doctor, and you are zee machine! You lose round 1, zen round 2 due to inactivity, ontop of Punk’s submission attempts! Muahahaha!”

But oh no, the judges. “ZEE STUPID STUPID JUDGES! Claudia von?! Oh zuckerburg! This means zee test subject B vill vin! Zuckerburg! Zuckerburg!” He, or she, I don’t care, then took a sigh of relief because Romero might make em proud!

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Dana is 100% correct, but as others pointed out, the UFC made the fight & even if it was not DW's decision to have it on PPV, Dana publicly backed it up.

He should get the heat as well.

Nov 21, 2015
Dana is 100% correct, but as others pointed out, the UFC made the fight & even if it was not DW's decision to have it on PPV, Dana publicly backed it up.

He should get the heat as well.
Ariel said something on the MMA hour that I didnt even think of

Dana said "I wished I woulda put this fight on Fightpass"

Ariel said (paraphrasing) "So in other words you want the public to know
Fightpass is where you intentionally put all the shit cards? Yet you want people to pay for it?"

Just thought that was funny... lol

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Ariel said something on the MMA hour that I didnt even think of

Dana said "I wished I woulda put this fight on Fightpass"

Ariel said (paraphrasing) "So in other words you want the public to know
Fightpass is where you intentionally put all the shit cards? Yet you want people to pay for it?"

Just thought that was funny... lol
Ariel should watch his mouth so he doesn't have to spend a full work shift crying on the internet again.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Still can't understand why they don't have midget divisions for mma. Everybody loves midget wrestling. They're much stronger than normal people (pound for pound). It would be intriguing because of the leverage advantages/disadvantages and a little freakshowish for the casual fans. Plus, there's already lots of them in training now waiting for the big break. So, Dana you moose knuckled horse's arse-- get on with it!

Nov 21, 2015
Still can't understand why they don't have midget divisions for mma. Everybody loves midget wrestling. They're much stronger than normal people (pound for pound). It would be intriguing because of the leverage advantages/disadvantages and a little freakshowish for the casual fans. Plus, there's already lots of them in training now waiting for the big break. So, Dana you moose knuckled horse's arse-- get on with it!
They've already had it for years. They just call it the Men's Flyweight Division

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Not sure what Dana expected by putting two 0-1 fighters in the cage together.