Dana White: 'Great guy' Benson Henderson got 'right deal for him'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
He got let go for the same reason Yushin did, he was never going to be champ again and he puts fans to sleep. Stop complaining about every god damn thing Dana says like a bunch of bitches. People want to know his thoughts on the matter and Dana said the truth in the best way that was as complimentary to Benson as he could.

I'm not Dana and I don't have to be complimentary to Benson so I'll just tell the truth. 'Smooth' was GSP Jr. with more recent/numerous losses and every god damn time he played it safer than Norelco. That shit comes around to bite you in the ass when you lose that belt. I never if rarely ever skip fight cards (even when there's a boring fighter headlining and I say no thanks) but when I do it's because that boring fighter is Benson Henderson.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYApG5yyUV4

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
AHHAHAH "He's a former World Champion ranked no. 15 now"

He beat Cerrone you faggot...oopsie:oops:

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
He got let go for the same reason Yushin did, he was never going to be champ again and he puts fans to sleep. Stop complaining about every god damn thing Dana says like a bunch of bitches. People want to know his thoughts on the matter and Dana said the truth in the best way that was as complimentary to Benson as he could.

I'm not Dana and I don't have to be complimentary to Benson so I'll just tell the truth. 'Smooth' was GSP Jr. with more recent/numerous losses and every god damn time he played it safer than Norelco. That shit comes around to bite you in the ass when you lose that belt. I never if rarely ever skip fight cards (even when there's a boring fighter headlining and I say no thanks) but when I do it's because that boring fighter is Benson Henderson.
Son, you trolling?

Ghost Bro

Nov 13, 2015

P

Punch

TheContinentalOp

Posting Machine
Mar 30, 2015

Thank you for reminding me how great the ignore button is.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
Oh lol, the quotes did not compute in my head at all, beg your pardon dear Sir.
It is no problem, sir. Yeah, i can see how that could happen. i just quoted the best part for Wild. lol
I'm ashamed that that could be mistaken as my writing. Time to stop smoking, and posting. lol

Ghost Bro

Nov 13, 2015
It is no problem, sir. Yeah, i can see how that could happen. i just quoted the best part for Wild. lol
I'm ashamed that that could be mistaken as my writing. Time to stop smoking, and posting. lol
Nah you're good bro, its my haze that was the problem here xD

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015
Anytime Dana says, "The truth is..." I'm automatically suspicious.

It's easy for him to make any claim without backing it up with proof. Produce the portion of the contract that details the payout. Or, at the very least, ask Bendo's manager to confirm what was said.

Demonic Cruz

Banned
Oct 28, 2015
Only fights of Benson's that were excitng were the ones he wasn't in control/winning/won ie the 2nd Pettis & RDA fight. That's the true hallmark of a boring fighter, get mad all you want you know I'm right. He also takes pride in being that type of fighter that does nothing to entertain. Selfish.

Not only that but Benson is the type of fighter to argue he won fights he lost via decision (i.e. his third Cowyboy fight) when the dude literally has zero fights on his resume that remotely resemble anything that looks like truly winning a fight definitively. Dude is yawn as fuck.

Ghost Bro

Nov 13, 2015
I still can't fucking believe he actually said Benson is ranked 15th..

They did the same to Nate Diaz btw, also was ranked 15th before the MJ fight. Its their way of saying...oh yes..he's in the top 15, but his time has passed...then look what happens.

Truth is, this deal is fucking great for Benson..by the sponsors he's gonna have alone, he'll be breaking bank in a year I promise you. So, the UFC didn't wanna shell out to keep him, that's fine, he moves on and gets demoted...As long as MMA media are paid for by Zuffa and nobody even calls Dana out on a stupidly outrageous statement such as this, after the ties with most of the giants in MMA media with the UFC was shown, it makes the biggest problem in modern MMA abundantly clear: Zuffa is the Law, and their word will have the final say and that's the image that they'll try to push for any fighter not fighting under their banner, and the media oblige them..takes a lot of balls to come out and say that...lawsuits and all.

P

Punch

Only fights of Benson's that were excitng were the ones he wasn't in control/winning/won ie the 2nd Pettis & RDA fight. That's the true hallmark of a boring fighter, get mad all you want you know I'm right. He also takes pride in being that type of fighter that does nothing to entertain. Selfish.

Not only that but Benson is the type of fighter to argue he won fights he lost via decision (i.e. his third Cowyboy fight) when the dude literally has zero fights on his resume that remotely resemble anything that looks like truly winning a fight definitively. Dude is yawn as fuck.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I am sure Dana appreciates, is a fan of, and likes Bendo... but for less money. When people say no to that, you get the smug little Dana fit. Per the usual, the unprofessional and outright shitty treatment that former champions get (I am sure there is a list by now). Dana then re-writes history, diminishing the fighter's effort and legacy inside the UFC octagon.

That is not just Dana's opinion, it is a well calculated attack in an attempt to undermine the fighter's value. He's a lot more composed than he usually is, that I give him. Still douche chills though.

Ghost Bro

Nov 13, 2015
I am sure Dana appreciates, is a fan of, and likes Bendo... but for less money. When people say no to that, you get the smug little Dana fit. Per the usual, the unprofessional and outright shitty treatment that former champions get (I am sure there is a list by now). Dana then re-writes history, diminishing the fighter's effort and legacy inside the UFC octagon.

That is not just Dana's opinion, it is a well calculated attack in an attempt to undermine the fighter's value. He's a lot more composed than he usually is, that I give him. Still douche chills though.
What made this worse for me is that it was more composed. People not knowing their shit are gonna hear that and be like "huh I guess a mediocre fighter left". We didn't see the usual whinny babyrage hissyfit.

Lest we forget, they were showing highlight reels to his expense as much as possible last show..

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
You guys are burying the lead. It's not rocket science to figure out why they don't want Benson around. Am I the only one who can think of someone he might be a nightmare matchup for?

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Selling the pipe dream. You just confirmed that you will tell this for other guys to screw off.

There is confirmation of the UFC pay model. No more guessing needed.

It's McDonalds. Come on start working at the fryer, one day you too can own the bunch of franchises.

Thing is, fighters have a finite amount of time, and they're beating their bodies up for that time.

In Dana's own words, 80% of Fighters they target to sign with the UFC would be better off going somewhere else.
that IS all he is doing really... are there any details of the contracts available?

what I hear when dana says "he chose to take more up front" is... he chose the bigger contract offered to him. its obvious how badly he is beating around the bush... dana isn't saying that they offered him a bigger deal. they probably offered him a crap deal. expect him to take it, and if he wins all the fights, then maybe, just maybe he will get another contract with a title shot.

of course the end result will be more money, but this man is bending things to their breaking points.

he could make more of a claim if there was a championship fight stipulation in the contract the ufc offered.. I highly doubt that to be the case tho..

dana being dana.