Cinema Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
The board of directors of The Weinstein Company said late Sunday the New York film and TV studio planned to file for bankruptcy after talks to sell it collapsed, several media outlets reported.

The firm had been seeking a deal to spare it from bankruptcy after more than 70 women accused film producer Harvey Weinstein, its ex-chairman and once one of Hollywood's most influential men, of sexual misconduct including rape. Weinstein denies having non-consensual sex with anyone.

"The Weinstein Company has been engaged in an active sale process in the hopes of preserving assets and jobs," the board said in a statement reported by newspapers including the San Francisco Chronicle and the Los Angeles Times. "Today, those discussions concluded without a signed agreement."

The board had "no choice but to pursue its only viable option to maximize the Company's remaining value: an orderly bankruptcy process."

There was no immediate confirmation of the plan on the company's website or Twitter feed.

The firm had been close to inking a deal to sell itself for more than $500 million to an investor group led by Maria Contreras-Sweet, a former official in Barack Obama's presidential administration.

But negotiations were thrown into doubt two weeks ago when New York's Attorney General Eric Schneiderman sued the company and Weinstein over his alleged sexual harassment and misconduct.

Schneiderman wanted any deal to provide adequate compensation to Weinstein's alleged victims, protect employees and not reward executives who the suit alleges knew of the abuse but did nothing to stop it.

In a letter to Contreras-Sweet published by entertainment news website deadline.com, the Board wrote that it lost faith in the deal, which "we must conclude ...would only leave the Company hobbling toward its demise."

No representatives of The Weinstein Company or Contreras-Sweet were immediately available for comment.

The company, which Reuters has reported as having debts of roughly $375 million, was launched in October 2005 and has produced and distributed films including “The King’s Speech” and “Silver Linings Playbook”.

The Weinstein Company to file for bankruptcy

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
The board of directors of The Weinstein Company said late Sunday the New York film and TV studio planned to file for bankruptcy after talks to sell it collapsed, several media outlets reported.

The firm had been seeking a deal to spare it from bankruptcy after more than 70 women accused film producer Harvey Weinstein, its ex-chairman and once one of Hollywood's most influential men, of sexual misconduct including rape. Weinstein denies having non-consensual sex with anyone.

"The Weinstein Company has been engaged in an active sale process in the hopes of preserving assets and jobs," the board said in a statement reported by newspapers including the San Francisco Chronicle and the Los Angeles Times. "Today, those discussions concluded without a signed agreement."

The board had "no choice but to pursue its only viable option to maximize the Company's remaining value: an orderly bankruptcy process."

There was no immediate confirmation of the plan on the company's website or Twitter feed.

The firm had been close to inking a deal to sell itself for more than $500 million to an investor group led by Maria Contreras-Sweet, a former official in Barack Obama's presidential administration.

But negotiations were thrown into doubt two weeks ago when New York's Attorney General Eric Schneiderman sued the company and Weinstein over his alleged sexual harassment and misconduct.

Schneiderman wanted any deal to provide adequate compensation to Weinstein's alleged victims, protect employees and not reward executives who the suit alleges knew of the abuse but did nothing to stop it.

In a letter to Contreras-Sweet published by entertainment news website deadline.com, the Board wrote that it lost faith in the deal, which "we must conclude ...would only leave the Company hobbling toward its demise."

No representatives of The Weinstein Company or Contreras-Sweet were immediately available for comment.

The company, which Reuters has reported as having debts of roughly $375 million, was launched in October 2005 and has produced and distributed films including “The King’s Speech” and “Silver Linings Playbook”.

The Weinstein Company to file for bankruptcy
What a fucking waste. And all because he had to keep jizzing at flowers.

RaginCajun

Oct 25, 2015
Harvey Weinstein is charged with rape and sex abuse in cases involving 2 women
Harvey Weinstein turned himself in to authorities Friday morning and was arrested and processed on charges of rape, committing a criminal sex act, sexual abuse and sexual misconduct, according to the New York Police Department.

The charges stem from incidents with two separate women, the NYPD said in a statement, and were the result of a joint investigation between police and the Manhattan District Attorney's office.

Weinstein is expected to appear in court later in the day.

A source familiar with the investigation told CNN the criminal sex act charge was from a case involving aspiring actress Lucia Evans, who alleges Weinstein forced her to perform oral sex on him in his Tribeca office in 2004. Evans has not responded to any of CNN's requests for comment since first speaking out about Weinstein in the New Yorker last fall.

The alleged victim in the rape case has not been publicly identified, the source said.

More charges are expected as a grand jury continues to hear testimony in the state's case with at least four women expected to testify, the source said.

The former Hollywood producer walked into a New York police precinct office through a gauntlet of reporters and photographers, carrying what appeared to be books.

After being processed, Weinstein left the precinct office, his hands cuffed behind his back, and got into a large black SUV. It was a scene not unlike the red carpet walks he used to do, further highlighting how far he has fallen since dozens of women came forward in the New York Times and the New Yorker to publicly accuse him of sexual misconduct.

Weinstein is also under investigation for alleged sex crimes in Los Angeles and London. Federal prosecutors in New York have started a sex crimes investigation involving him, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The charges follow a flood of accusations against Weinstein that led women around the world to come forward with accounts of being sexually harassed by powerful men. His accusers welcomed the news as a sign that the tables were finally turning -- not only on him but on other accused predators.

"I, and so many of Harvey Weinstein's survivors, had given up hope that our rapist would be held accountable by law. Twenty years ago, I swore that I would right this wrong. Today we are one step closer to justice," said actress Rose McGowan, one of the first women to publicly accuse Weinstein of assault.

"We were young women who were assaulted by Weinstein and later terrorized by his vast network of complicity. I stand with my fellow survivors. May this give hope to all victims and survivors everywhere that are telling their truths," she said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Hopefully this asshole will serve jail time.

There have been a lot of scumbags busted but he has to be the worst slime yet, or at least right up there.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Hopefully this asshole will serve jail time.

There have been a lot of scumbags busted but he has to be the worst slime yet, or at least right up there.
He was the catalyst. Once he got outed 200 others followed. Or so I read

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'd be fucked if I was in Hollywood. I'd try to use my star power to fuck everyone

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
So ... he go'on get raped in jail, or nah?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Royalties are a problem

Protects the guilty because of their value to the many

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
“He would say, ‘Do you like my big, fat, Jewish dick?’” claimed Mann, 34.

@Shlomo Lars

Weinstein Accuser Says He Has No Testicles

"The first time I saw him fully naked, I thought he was deformed or intersex," she told Manhattan Supreme Court jurors. "He has extreme scarring that I didn’t know if maybe he was a burn victim."

"He does not have testicles and it appears like he has a vagina," she said, before acknowledging he did have a penis.

"When I first saw him naked, I was filled with compassion, absolute compassion," she said, admitting she performed consensual oral sex on him. "It seemed his anger came from a place of shame."

Harvey Weinstein has No Testicles and Appears to Have a Vagina, Rape Accuser Testifies

M

member 1013

“He would say, ‘Do you like my big, fat, Jewish dick?’” claimed Mann, 34.

@Shlomo Lars

Weinstein Accuser Says He Has No Testicles

"The first time I saw him fully naked, I thought he was deformed or intersex," she told Manhattan Supreme Court jurors. "He has extreme scarring that I didn’t know if maybe he was a burn victim."

"He does not have testicles and it appears like he has a vagina," she said, before acknowledging he did have a penis.

"When I first saw him naked, I was filled with compassion, absolute compassion," she said, admitting she performed consensual oral sex on him. "It seemed his anger came from a place of shame."

Harvey Weinstein has No Testicles and Appears to Have a Vagina, Rape Accuser Testifies
He has to show the court his dick so we know if she is trustworthy, IMO

RaginCajun

Oct 25, 2015
It continues...

"Recently, we were made aware of allegations of inappropriate conduct by Fred Savage, and as is policy, an investigation was launched. Upon its completion, the decision was made to terminate his employment as an executive producer and director of The Wonder Years," the spokesperson says.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It continues...

"Recently, we were made aware of allegations of inappropriate conduct by Fred Savage, and as is policy, an investigation was launched. Upon its completion, the decision was made to terminate his employment as an executive producer and director of The Wonder Years," the spokesperson says.
Poor Winnie