General Does fire feel cold?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Homeslice

Dec 16, 2023
I'm trying to smoke some sausage outside. Kind of cold. Fire doesn't seem to be taking good. Does the fire feel the cold? I.E. does fire actually perform worse in the cold?

Thanks!

Homeslice

Dec 16, 2023
Its just weird. Isn't it just like a chemical reaction? Bring the thing that you will burn (charcoal or, in my case tonight, okra trunks (but some charcoal too, so don't try and blame it on the okra trunks)), in touch with the thing that will help light it (lighter fluid, and I doused it HARD CORE, actually restarted it several time with tons of lighter fluid it was burning so shitty), and make sure it has plenty of oxygen (smoker air door was open wide), and start it. I don't understand why it would burn like shit in cold weather. It ain't human so its not like it has feelings. What on earth would make it burn worse in cold weather? It can't be oxygen, cars run FASTER in cold weather because the oxygen is denser. So that should help if anything. Makes absolutely NO sense to me...

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Cold isn't just a feeling.
Air pressure, slowed atmosphere.
There are thermodynamic molecular considerations. Not a lot of forest fires in the winter. Physics.
Now once you get that thing going your new environment is created & no worries.

Ever had a bunch of dry wood & gasoline, but lit your fire in foggy environment?
Pressure keeps everything low & basically kills it.
You can create your situation to be successful.
Just like you can make a zone 7 growing area into a zone 8.

Balance yo shit nigga

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
Might just be that the briquettes are old.I don't know shit about briquettes,but I had a old bag I found in our storage shed,that did not work as good.

1705901394707.png

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Need to see what type of fire we are working with