General Elon Musk Faded as Hell on JRE

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Jason Silva, Alex Jones, Jordan Peterson, Victor Conte, Russell Brand, Steven Pinker, Josh Barnett, Peter Joseph and Mel Gibson.

Each of these guests merited more skepticism and questioning than they got imo.
But Rogan is not a journalist, he's just having a conversation with these people. And what better people than questionable ones? We need that variety, that are all over the political spectrum. I think it is great and unique. Just don't use this podcast as a legitimate source for an article. Chances are they were high. People forget, it's just a conversation, no cutting edge journalism in this podcast. So in context it is good to see these off the wall type of characters being personable during a casual talk.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Many make this mistake. If they demand those hardline questions, why not ask them themselves. Oh, because they can't.
People can't because they don't have the access Rogan does. And he has the access because of the size of his platform. But tbh after watching him basically facilitate the fall of Tesla stocks and wreak financial pandemonium, I can't help but feel like he just accomplished a troll so epic, even Hocky Balboa should bow down.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
People can't because they don't have the access Rogan does. And he has the access because of the size of his platform. But tbh after watching him basically facilitate the fall of Tesla stocks and wreak financial pandemonium, I can't help but feel like he just accomplished a troll so epic, even Hocky Balboa should bow down.
It's what I like about the show, it's organic, people come there and feel at ease enough to do whatever they want. The freakouts afterwards are even better. It just shows the state we live in, the state of the media, and our society.

And as for his reach, he got there because the way he converses with people. A conversation. The size of his platform is determined by the formula of his podcast (there's none).

If people know a better way to run a podcast, it's free to start one, it can be done with a phone. There's nothing holding you back.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
It's what I like about the show, it's organic, people come there and feel at ease enough to do whatever they want. The freakouts afterwards are even better. It just shows the state we live in, the state of the media, and our society.

And as for his reach, he got there because the way he converses with people. A conversation. The size of his platform is determined by the formula of his podcast (there's none).

If people know a better way to run a podcast, it's free to start one, it can be done with a phone. There's nothing holding you back.
He didn't get there because of the format. He got there because he's the color commentator for the UFC.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
He didn't get there because of the format. He got there because he's the color commentator for the UFC.
I disagree. I think the UFC may have partially played a role, but the UFC was tiny at the time when he started. His stand up comedy maybe, Fear Factor maybe, but the UFC?

The format worked then and it works now. Very feasible. Another good example, Mark Maron, puts out a good podcast, and boom, got his own show and becomes bigger than he ever was. Got even Obama on.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I disagree. I think the UFC may have partially played a role, but the UFC was tiny at the time when he started. His stand up comedy maybe, Fear Factor maybe, but the UFC?

The format worked then and it works now. Very feasible. Another good example, Mark Maron, puts out a good podcast, and boom, got his own show and becomes bigger than he ever was. Got even Obama on.
His podcast started in December 2009. That was after TUF, after Brock. The UFC had already exploded and Rogan was already the face of it. On the UG and Sherdog, he already had an army of listeners alongside the MMA media who were giving him free promotion. It's simple network effects. Rogan did not blow up because of his format, his content or anything having to do with his style.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Rogan did not blow up because of his format, his content or anything having to do with his style.
His format and style are a bizarre coincidence you think?

Again, the UFC gets too much credit. I see this happen a lot.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
His format and style are a bizarre coincidence you think?

Again, the UFC gets too much credit. I see this happen a lot.
The UFC even garners more credit than they deserve about their ppv stars if people are being honest with themselves

M

member 1013

Actually, it was fear factor.

Fuck man I have to say it’s getting pretty tiresome having to constantly correct your appalling ignorance.

J/K luv u

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Tesla stocks have now gone up higher than they were before the interview.