General Epstein "commits suicide"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
About 8% of inmates in local jails were on suicide watch when they took their own lives, according to the 2010 report, which analyzed nearly 700 jail suicides in 2005 and 2006. While 93% of jails had a suicide watch protocol, fewer than 2% had the option for constant, around-the-clock observation; most facilities checked on inmates every 15 minutes.

Epstein jail:

The Metropolitan Correctional Center, which held Ramzi Ahmed Yousef, the mastermind of the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center, and Bernard L. Madoff, who orchestrated a $20 billion Ponzi scheme, has a reputation for stringent security measures. Even so, several inmates over the years have tried to escape, and a few have succeeded.

The most sensational attempt occurred in 1981, when an inmate was nearly plucked off the rooftop recreational center by confederates in a hijacked helicopter. And in 1990, two inmates disappeared out a second-story window, lowering themselves with an electrical cord from a machine used to buff the floors. One is still on the United States Marshals Service’s list of most wanted fugitives.

In 2009, Anthony Boyd, a serial bank robber, was released from the Metropolitan Correctional Center as a result of what appeared to be an administrative error.

Whether there have been other successful escapes or missing prisoners in recent years is unclear. Officials at the Metropolitan Correctional Center did not return a phone call or respond to an email message seeking comment.

The inmates deemed most dangerous are housed in a half-dozen cells in a small wing known as 10 South, where they are held in solitary confinement and prohibited from calling out to one another. The lights are on 23 or 24 hours a day, according to court records, interviews with lawyers and written accounts. The frosted glass windows offer no view of the outside world. Even the slot on each cell door is kept shut, meaning that inmates see little beyond their solitary cell.

But guards can see inside, by way of a camera directed at the shower stall and another above the toilet or bed.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Epstein was probably camera only monitored. He was weeks out on suicide watch. He represents the 1:12 suicides in jail that occur during suicide watch. He was at a facility that is so well run they released a bank robber accidentally due to a clerical error a decade ago.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
About 8% of inmates in local jails were on suicide watch when they took their own lives, according to the 2010 report, which analyzed nearly 700 jail suicides in 2005 and 2006. While 93% of jails had a suicide watch protocol, fewer than 2% had the option for constant, around-the-clock observation; most facilities checked on inmates every 15 minutes.
Interesting info

One would hope that he was under the strictest of surveillance and all precautions were in place...this was not your normal prisoner as we know.

I would hope he was in the 2%.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Epstein was probably camera only monitored. He was weeks out on suicide watch. He represents the 1:12 suicides in jail that occur during suicide watch. He was at a facility that is so well run they released a bank robber accidentally due to a clerical error a decade ago.
probably?

I would hope not...He not a normal prisoner IMO
This is one of the key assholes in a far reaching disgusting Pedo Trafficking case.

It is certainly possible though...facility sounds like it has moments of shitshow.

That fucker should be held in his own prison on....wait for it....an island.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
probably?

Yes that's the appropriate language when working through data with limited facts.
Known resources say that's how they manage their riskiest offenders and there is nothing to suggest otherwise. Likewise, this is a common method as other resources show, especially in holding jails like Epstein's. So yes, probably. That's what the public info about the jail show right now while we wait for more.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Rambo John J @Outlaw Shit you gave me a funny on this. I'm just summarizing the multiple links above.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
The entire jail is not normal prisoners. Wtc bombers and El Chapo went there
So camera surveillance is their typical “watch” at this jail, that houses high risk prisoners?
They’re really on the ball.

I don’t often interject my “political opinion,” but I don’t believe this was suicide. Too many powerful people on both sides of the coin.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The entire jail is not normal prisoners. Wtc bombers and El Chapo went there
Yes, I know this

Fucker should be under double triple quadruple High Security with drones circling the ceiling of his cell to cut anything he tried to hurt himself with...of all the bigwig assholes there he is the 1%.

Him committing suicide or being suicided before the trial(pushed back to next year last week) was -200000 in Vegas....This outcome was the Lock of the week/year...this was like Floyd vs Conor predictable

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I think there are two plausible scenarios here.

He snuffed himself because he realized the walls were closing in on him, and he couldn't buy his way to freedom

Or

I had him killed to generate interest in this thread about my ATM 3 tag that went missing.

Only scenarios imo