Explain your SN here

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
D241;n29390 said:
Happy Birthday Seekntruth!!!
Thanks Brother, I said Sunday.....but it was Sunday the 15th actually. Damn time is already flying by quicker now that I'm officially in the 4-0's lol

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My name is taken from the Super Mario Bros. character (reference my avatar). I grew up a huge Nintendo fan.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
ShatsBassoon;n29395 said:
Conquers bad fur day. N64 game from back in the day. Character on multiplayer

As I mentioned I used to manage a few gamestop stores. During that time period the company that created that game(name escapes me) sent all the gamestop store managers a bad ass Conquer Squirrel that had the army hat and he was smoking a blunt! It was a stuffed animal, but so fucking gangster I kept it for years, even after I had long left gamestop.

Shy Guy

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
D241;29429 said:
As I mentioned I used to manage a few gamestop stores. During that time period the company that created that game(name escapes me) sent all the gamestop store managers a bad ass Conquer Squirrel that had the army hat and he was smoking a blunt! It was a stuffed animal, but so fucking gangster I kept it for years, even after I had long left gamestop.
Rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
JustinTheVikingWren(FFTF);n29569 said:
Uh... My name plus just look at me...

FFTF is Fight For The Forgotten

Good stuff bro...

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
D2 me and you would be besties..Trees and Gamestop..since i haven't fought for a few years those two are my guilty pleasures :usa2:

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
D241;n29429 said:
That's pretty cool. Conquer pushed the boundaries of Nintendo's squeaky clean image

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Shy Guy;n29427 said:
My name is taken from the Super Mario Bros. character (reference my avatar). I grew up a huge Nintendo fan.

I have a joke you may have already heard. It's better in person due to the sound one has to make when telling it.

What is Super Mario's favorite type of clothes?

Denim Denim Denim.......Denim Denim Denim(Super Mario Music Sound)

Shy Guy

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
D241;29736 said:
I have a joke you may have already heard. It's better in person due to the sound one has to make when telling it.

What is Super Mario's favorite type of clothes?

Denim Denim Denim.......Denim Denim Denim(Super Mario Music Sound)
lol...I have heard that before but it's been a while.

And speaking of GameStop...those clowns keep screwing up my Amiibo pre-orders.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I sucked Stillmatics WOODley;n29262 said:
My normal SN is Birdwatcher, I lost a bet so....

I gave my wife the nickname "Big Bird" in our dating phase as she's 5'11", blonde and has bird like qualities so I naturally enjoy watching her. Simple.

The Tomahawk Murderer

Feb 12, 2015
I was invited here from the UG but have never liked my UG/OG screen name. I made it after a previous banning to make one specific post I thought would get me banned again right away, so I just typed in whatever. So I didn't want to use that, but couldn't come up with anything better, so I just went honest with it since I AM just some random, uncreative douche on a message board.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Shy Guy;n29743 said:
lol...I have heard that before but it's been a while.

And speaking of GameStop...those clowns keep screwing up my Amiibo pre-orders.

You just reminded me of a funny story/joke.

When I first started working at Gamestop, me and this guy Desmond would always go back and forth with each other telling jokes. It was real fun to work with someone who had as many jokes as me.

Well one time we're both working the same shift, we are just alphabetizing the shelves and not saying a word to each other, as if the other one didn't exist.
After 20 minutes or so realizing it's been silent between us, I say...."DESMOND, Dude, we've been working together for 30 minutes and haven't said a word to each other! Tell me a joke man"

Without missing a beat he goes...."I'm 29yrs old working part time at Gamestop living in a 1 bedroom with 2 other dudes".

Cracked me the fuck up.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yeah, that was great, I'd never seen that before.
So I will show a room of people, then will implement that at least weekly, and it will spread across the nation.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Harlem;n29830 said:
My full name is Harlem Savoy but I end up being called Harlem a lot.

It came from my love of Jazz music and dancing Lindy Hop. I found the love of all things 30-40's and Jazz because my Grandpa was the big band leader for Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin.

You can see him as the Band Leader in White Christmas. My Grandma was the vocalist who sang all of Vera Ellen's parts in that movie too.

I was going to guess that.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Harlem;n29830 said:

It came from my love of Jazz music and dancing Lindy Hop. I found the love of all things 30-40's and Jazz because my Grandpa was the big band leader for Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin.

You can see him as the Band Leader in White Christmas. My Grandma was the vocalist who sang all of Vera Ellen's parts in that movie too.

Cool history bro!

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Harlem;n30034 said:
That clip is great.

The originators of the dance came from the Savoy in Harlem.

The dancers were called Whitey's Lindy Hoppers. I met and learned from Frankie Manning. He was in that troupe in the 30's.
Yeah when I found the clip that's how it was titled "Harlem Savoy". Here>>>>> http://theharlemswingdancesociety.blogspot.com/2013/08/swingin-lindy-hop-class-on-tuesdays.html

When I was a kid the first time I ever heard of the Lindy Hop was on an episode of Sanford and Son lol,

Here's the episode(shit quality, but still funny as hell). Starts about 1:25 mark

[video=youtube;pSHFC82_GgE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSHFC82_GgE[/video]

I'm intrigued by this history of yours for some reason.....and I'm no dancer lol

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Harlem;n29830 said:

Bing Crosby is my third cousin twice removed, or something...

Shy Guy

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Song2;30038 said:
Bisping walkout music

Blur - Song2

Woohoooooo!
That walkout song is still perfect for Bisping to this day.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Shy Guy;n30054 said:
That walkout song is still perfect for Bisping to this day.

Will always remind me of Starship Troopers movie.