Fastest cars under 50k

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Tell me the fastest cars I could buy for under or around 50k.

The main goal is to hang with them new corvettes. I fucking hate those things but they are so fast and it seems anything that rivals it is getting into supercharged territory / money.

There's gotta be something that can show those old fuckers who's boss

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
ummmmm, if it was me, BMW 335i with tune, intake, exhaust
Not sure if it beats the Vette, but a sick ride.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
ummmmm, if it was me, BMW 335i with tune, intake, exhaust
Not sure if it beats the Vette, but a sick ride.
If I got a bmw id want that m4. But even used they are still 70+grand.

An m5 is a fast car though, u can get them cheap used. I've been wanting one for a while

BJTT_Pella

Posting Machine
Jun 25, 2015
Tell me the fastest cars I could buy for under or around 50k.

The main goal is to hang with them new corvettes. I fucking hate those things but they are so fast and it seems anything that rivals it is getting into supercharged territory / money.

There's gotta be something that can show those old fuckers who's boss

50k isnt gonna do it broham, sorry. Im not a Vet fan at all but I dont think there is anything under 50 that can hang. Save your money and buy a Nissan GTR.

Maybe a used GT500? Idk.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
What's that one car the Evo? I saw it on top gear something or other and it did amazing shit in the snow. This doesn't have anything to do with your shit I just wanted to talk dude

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
50k isnt gonna do it broham, sorry. Im not a Vet fan at all but I dont think there is anything under 50 that can hang. Save your money and buy a Nissan GTR.

Maybe a used GT500? Idk.
I've actually been thinking both of these.

2013 used gt500. 662hp 0-60 in 3.5 and top speed 200.

Gtr fuck knows I just know they are fast.

Both are a little bit expensive. Ctsv too.

I was hoping there was a hidden gem I'd missed.

I might just upgrade my car and see how fast it can get

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I've actually been thinking both of these.

2013 used gt500. 662hp 0-60 in 3.5 and top speed 200.

Gtr fuck knows I just know they are fast.

Both are a little bit expensive. Ctsv too.

I was hoping there was a hidden gem I'd missed.

I might just upgrade my car and see how fast it can get
What is your current car?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Ehhhhhh I hope you build up the transmission first
Turns out I needn't of worried. Engine just completely took a shit.

Luckily it gave me a few hints beforehand and I managed to get off the freeway in time when it happened

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Turns out I needn't of worried. Engine just completely took a shit.

Luckily it gave me a few hints beforehand and I managed to get off the freeway in time when it happened
Jesus man, glad you're ok. I had something similar happen to me with my trailblazer ss, 1st, 2nd, 4th gear decided it wanted to explode while going 70 on the highway........ya good times

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Whats wrong with the engine?
Not sure, I noticed the throttle response was lagging then it really lagged (which is where I pulled off the freeway, with my hazards on) I pulled up and restarted the engine and had a poke around, couldn't see anything, was revving good in neutral. I decided to make attempt to get back home and switch out cars (supposed to be going to a party) made it another 100 yards before all the warnings lit up, lost all power, alternator wasnt working and managed to roll to a stop on a Toyota forecourt. Waited 2+ hours for a tow truck to come and drag it 1000 yards to nissan. Then had a cab ride back with a Syrian driver who turned out to be pretty funny

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'd go for a BMW E30 with a S50 swap or turbo. If you have $50k to build one you should at least be able to challange most newer stock Vettes. I've seen some nice ones for sale in Washington or Cali from $12k-$25k

Apr 3, 2015
Not sure, I noticed the throttle response was lagging then it really lagged (which is where I pulled off the freeway, with my hazards on) I pulled up and restarted the engine and had a poke around, couldn't see anything, was revving good in neutral. I decided to make attempt to get back home and switch out cars (supposed to be going to a party) made it another 100 yards before all the warnings lit up, lost all power, alternator wasnt working and managed to roll to a stop on a Toyota forecourt. Waited 2+ hours for a tow truck to come and drag it 1000 yards to nissan. Then had a cab ride back with a Syrian driver who turned out to be pretty funny
I had the same problem with my G35X a couple times. all I needed to do was the "gas pedal computer reset" technique. and it has never happened since.

Apr 3, 2015
ECU Resetting Procedures

This link was provided earlier for a Basic ECU Reset, but in case it's ever broken I thought a hard copy on site might be appropriate. Perhaps even a spot on the FAQ board?

<TECHNOSQUARE - PRODUCTS - TECHNOSQUARE - 350Z ECU Reset>

NOTE: Please read all instructions and be familiar with them before any attempts. Timing is extremely critical. If it is NOT DONE within the specified time, the ECU will not reset and the Check Engine Light (CEL) will continue to remain ON. There is NO margin of error. A stop watch or an analog clock with a second’s hand is mandatory.

<u>Basic ECU Reset</u>

Operations Procedures:

1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” (NOT start) and wait 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following steps (2a and 2b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
2a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
2b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 seconds.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone. If the CEL light continues to remain ON, repeat the above steps. Remember, timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU. You may even need someone's help to do this correctly.

Note: The following reset procedures are directly from the 2004 G35 Sedan Service Manual.