Fighters who would benefit from having a different style.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
Last night, while watching Johnnie Walker fight in a losing effort, I thought to myself how much better he'd fair if he used his attributes:

Height: 6'6

Reach: 82 inch,

likely has the longest legs in the division, explosive/athletic etc.

With these he could fight more intelligently and more conventionally. It'd certainly help protect his suspect chin.

If he used his very long reach to keep his opponent at the end of his fists and feet he'd be a difficult matchup for many in the division and could give Jones a tough night.

Unfortunately, the guy fights like a wild man with little fundamentals from what I've seen(not shitting on him, just being real about what I've seen from him). You'd think training at Tri Star he'd have learned to fight more intelligently behind a jab and use counter wrestling and footwork, but alas.

What other fighters would you like see change their styles to hopefully have more success and consistency?

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Struve is 100% the best example. Dude should be jabbing and teeping his way to victory every time he fights.

Cody Garbrandt is another. His style (and lack of discipline to his game plan) is his worst enemy. Dude has all the skill and athleticism you could ever ask for, but throwing strikes at 100% all the time and getting sucked into brawls is why he has fallen so far.