Sci/Tech Flat Earth/Moon Hoax/Anti-Vax etc

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Vaccines imposed on you mandatorily is not liberty.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
You're implying the mandatory MMR shot to my daughter saved others from measles, mumps, or rubella I take it.
I'm not implying anything. I'm stating that there's been an increase in MMR occurrences in people too young or otherwise unable to receive the vaccine since the anti-vax movement begun gaining popularity.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm not implying anything. I'm stating that there's been an increase in MMR occurrences in people too young or otherwise unable to receive the vaccine since the anti-vax movement begun gaining popularity.
Thank God MMR is treatable and resolves, unlike autism.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Oh, you're trolling.

Sorry, carry on.
That's a pretty insensitive statement to make.

I'm not seeing the correlation in the thread title between the three topics; Flat earthers, moon hoax, and vaccinations.
It seems to imply the topics are related, they are not.

So do you believe vaccinations are safe, or rightfully mandated on a populace BeardOfKnowledge @JohnyHendricksBeard ?

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Based on the information we have available to us, I don't see how there's any question.
It's precisely because of information we have available to us that there's a question, and, a movement.
When things happen to you, you take notice, generally, not until then.
Rarely does a guy begin researching breast cancer until a loved one gets it.
Much like buying a car, you notice every other one on the road.
Because I have experienced this first hand, there's a good chance I've done more research on the topic.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It's precisely because of information we have available to us that there's a question, and, a movement.
When things happen to you, you take notice, generally, not until then.
Rarely does a guy begin researching breast cancer until a loved one gets it.
Much like buying a car, you notice every other one on the road.
Because I have experienced this first hand, there's a good chance I've done more research on the topic.
so Primacy Effect and Confirmation Bias are what you base this understanding on?

What information is available to you that is not available or has not been considered by the scientific community at large?

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You mean the falsified study linking vaccines to autism? or is there some new smoking gun?
I had a personal study done.
I let the doctor give my daughter her mmr.
Then I watched as her eyes glazed, she collapsed, and in my boxers drove 80 in a 35 to the ER.
Then I carried her limp body inside while they jammed more needles in her.
Instead of screaming, she looked at her arm and said, "if dat mote?"
Normally, she would have said "Is that milk?", but not when doctors are scrambling in an emergency room drawing blood from her.
After several hours, she was able to fight and rip tubes out of her arm and run down the hallways screaming, blood squirting out of her arms.
Bit she couldn't run straight, just sideways into the walls.
After transfer to specialty childrens and a week bedside, it was pretty clear that the daughter I made was gone, and a new slightly autistic one was now who I got to know.

After something like this, you spend a lot of time researching.
In the above video I posted, you'll see another parent who I met because of this.

I really don't want to engage this subject anymore with folks that have no real world experience with it.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
that sounds traumatic. and that's an anecdote.

You haven't corrected for any other number of causaul events. Proximity Effect and Correlation/Causation Fallacy.

I don't want to mean. Please tell me the singular piece of evidence that you've uncovered that proves your position, and what it would take to convince you that the evidence in question was irrelevant or wrong.