Fury vs Ngannou is losing big money

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
These dipshits are starting the event 1pm EST/10am PST, then main event starts at 5:40pm EST/2:40pm PST. How dumb is that? The PPV model doesn't work in Europe, so it's not like they are focusing on that market to rake in zillions. Fury is making $50m, Ngannou is making ????, then I'd imagine they have ppv points built into their contracts. DAZN has to make money off the event to justify the fight. They are leaving tons of money on the table by not having this on at typical North American event hours. Danus tried this (not as drastic) to appease east coast fans and found out the hard way it was a loser.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
These dipshits are starting the event 1pm EST/10am PST, then main event starts at 5:40pm EST/2:40pm PST. How dumb is that? The PPV model doesn't work in Europe, so it's not like they are focusing on that market to rake in zillions. Fury is making $50m, Ngannou is making ????, then I'd imagine they have ppv points built into their contracts. DAZN has to make money off the event to justify the fight. They are leaving tons of money on the table by not having this on at typical North American event hours. Danus tried this (not as drastic) to appease east coast fans and found out the hard way it was a loser.
Saudi Arabia bro
Suidi ARABIS

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
I heard they're gonna have em dress up like the Iron Sheik and ride camels to the ring too. But it went too far when they made the curly-tipped shoes mandatory.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Exactly. It wss only a few years ago that the crown prince had men Chop up an American into pieces.

But Saudi Arabia is spending mad money on sports to try to market itself as not modern and normal
Yep Bros

NA is now second fiddle for MMA/boxing
That is why all our events are at the Apex with a king o cage rostar

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
So the theory here is that Saudi's are overpaying just to host the event in their country? They cover fighter purses at an increased value to cover for potential ppv buys + boost their own credibility? Interesting.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
So the theory here is that Saudi's are overpaying just to host the event in their country? They cover fighter purses at an increased value to cover for potential ppv buys + boost their own credibility? Interesting.
May be
I don't really have a theory

I just wanted to bash on Apex events and the rest was my typical gobbledygook filler

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Exactly. I haven't done the math, but that theory is based off of other stuff like LIV golf.

Unless im mistaken, the salaries they are paying those dudes are insanely high. It cant possibly be profitable for them, but earning money presumably isn't their goal since they have so much of it

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
must suck for the Saudis to pay so much for the show, only to leave themselves watching it at 3.30am

IschKabibble

zero
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Kanye West, The Undertaker and Vince McMahon have arrived at Kingdom Arena. Shit's about to get wild.