Gegard Mousasi released from PFL-Bellator after threatening legal action

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
1716500668721.png

Gegard Mousasi is no longer employed by PFL and Bellator.

On Thursday, PFL and Bellator officials announced that Mousasi had been released from his contract after threatening legal action over his grievances with the company.

“Bellator has released Gegard Mousasi from his agreement. We wish him all the best in his next fighting chapter,” Mike Kogan, head of fighter operations, said a statement released by the organization.

View: https://twitter.com/PFLMMA/status/1793724173669564899

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Legit one of the all time greats!

One fight away from 50 career Pro MMA wins.

He should goto Japan, New Years Eve card and fight his final retirement fight.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Something is going on over at PFL and I'm wondering if it's a money issue. These were in just the last few days:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Something is going on over at PFL and I'm wondering if it's a money issue. These were in just the last few days:

They want out of those contracts and into new ones

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That's not how contracts work.
They can.
Depends on the contract.

I think the new owners of his contract aren't comfortable with what he is getting paid coming off two decision losses and he isn't budging on price for next fight.
Can't speak to the other fighters you listed, Gegard has spoken on this.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
They can.
Depends on the contract.

I think the new owners of his contract aren't comfortable with what he is getting paid coming off two decision losses and he isn't budging on price for next fight.
Can't speak to the other fighters you listed, Gegard has spoken on this.
I get removing a fighter from the roster that isn't working out, but for fighters under contract trying to negotiate for more pay, that usually never works out.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I get removing a fighter from the roster that isn't working out, but for fighters under contract trying to negotiate for more pay, that usually never works out.
He probably gets paid 150-300K per fight even now that not champ
They were freezing him

Reeks of backdoor legal negotiations for all the fighters that had contracts bought out from PFL

ender852

TMMAC Addict
Jan 31, 2015
Always had much love for moose. I remember watching strikeforce when he debuted after coming over from DREAM with a bunch of friends and telling them: "You know this guy is gonna smoke Babalu, right?" They were flabbergasted when he won the strikeforce belt. Him losing it to king mo was a terrible decision too, mo looked like a fucking alien after that fight, his face was so fucked up from strikes from the bottom.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Always had much love for moose. I remember watching strikeforce when he debuted after coming over from DREAM with a bunch of friends and telling them: "You know this guy is gonna smoke Babalu, right?" They were flabbergasted when he won the strikeforce belt. Him losing it to king mo was a terrible decision too, mo looked like a fucking alien after that fight, his face was so fucked up from strikes from the bottom.
Yes, always a fan of the super skilled Armenian...blasting out Hendo was also very predictable

Gegard simply outclassed most of his opponents
Only really lost 4 fights and then a couple of recent decisions over his 50-60 fights

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He is an all time great fighter
Unbelievable resume