Gonna try a 4 week bulk using bodyweight exercises

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Leigh

Professional Fighter
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Ugh cutting sucks. But I'm through the worst of it now and not craving sugar any more. My weight is sticking higher than before, so I guess the bulk did what it was supposed to.

regular john

Interim Champion
May 21, 2015
Ugh cutting sucks. But I'm through the worst of it now and not craving sugar any more. My weight is sticking higher than before, so I guess the bulk did what it was supposed to.
didn't you do all of this so you wouldn't have to cut weight?

Leigh

Professional Fighter
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
End result after cutting. Started at 67.5kg, went up to 71kg, now at 65kg

Hulc

Apr 15, 2016
How did you work the BW exercises to follow a 5 x 5 system? I assume you can already do 5 x 5 dips for example, so how did you keep the resistance high enough as you've got stronger?

Also how did you work the levers for time into the workout, and was the front lever supinated (which i find very tough on my biceps)?

Leigh

Professional Fighter
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
How did you work the BW exercises to follow a 5 x 5 system? I assume you can already do 5 x 5 dips for example, so how did you keep the resistance high enough as you've got stronger?

Also how did you work the levers for time into the workout, and was the front lever supinated (which i find very tough on my biceps)?
I'm only using 60% 1rm for my 5x5, so the dips and chins are a bit light but they're OK. If I needed to, I would add weight.

Levers I just hold for as long as I can, which is zero at the moment LOL. No, I don't suppinate, just hang from parallel bars.

Leigh

Professional Fighter
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I still maintain you should try out some rings...might take a bit of getting used to, but the stabilising muscles you work should benefit you well in BJJ..I don't think you should have any issues getting to them right away, and even if you can't do an awesome routine from start pull ups into muscle ups into holding top position and dips is would work out really well..then agaim I don't really work out with a set weight in mind so I don't know if you'll reach your target...they are by far the best bodyweight exercises in my view though.
I did finally get some rings and you're right, they're great. Cheers :)

Youll be back, Ill SN bet you that youll be back to lifting at the very least to 80% using the CAT method (at the very least) within 12 months.
Still not lifting heavy 4 years later.